Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    Yes sir they are. Some times it may take driving to find the deal but they are there. I love the layout of the new zxs

It was a local dealer. Skeeter had rebates plus Yamaha had 2 extra years promo on warranty. Only thing changing on ZX in 2020 are colors so getting this one was a no brainer to me as I love the color I bought. Still a few 2019s left but not many. Some of the incentives ended already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    Well, if the Apex version didn't break the $100,000 mark, I'm going to say this one will come close. However, that is just my guess.

Love Bass boats. Love the sport. I do believe, it is going to price itself into extinction or darn close.

As much as I love everything about this sport, I can certainly find better places to put that kind of coin. I know folks will buy it. I understand $ is relative, but do we really want to see Bass boats becoming Bugatti's?
    I don't know man...I've been shopping bay boats which seem to be very basic boats...and they are all 80-100k plus if you want one 23 foot or longer decently equipped. Used boats arent much cheaper than new ones. Selling like crazy around here.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    ...Only thing changing on ZX in 2020 are colors so getting this one was a no brainer to me as I love the color I bought...
    You know the rules.

Pictures... or it didn't happen.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I think the affordable oprions already went away.
    Affordable is a very relative term.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    You know the rules.

Pictures... or it didn't happen.

I might get a pix or two...no "I stimulated the economy" stuff for me though. It's just a boat. Proud to have it obviously and consider myself lucky to be in a position to get it. Can't wait to get the first scratch and uh oh moment over with though.

Here is what it looks like. It will have 2 Blades but other than that this is it.

https://www.skeeterboats.com/images/...orPackage1.jpg

I might get a pix or two...no "I stimulated the economy" stuff for me though. It's just a boat. Proud to have it obviously and consider myself lucky to be in a position to get it. Can't wait to get the first scratch and uh oh moment over with though.

Here is what it looks like. It will have 2 Blades but other than that this is it.

Did you trade the 2015 in?

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Did you trade the 2015 in?

Yes I did. Crazy the way it held its value too. Probably the best resale I've ever had on a boat. Literally only a $2000 difference from when I bought it in 2016 till now.

Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    Apex was so much because it came decked out. 15/12 blades pretty much every option. Sure this one will be a lot. Wonder if they will stay with bird or go back to lowrance.
    They've got a deal with bird for a few years. Was told this during our plant tour down there this last fall.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

9. Banned

Thats the color I would go with too! Not flashy “look at me” and never goes out of style.

10. Banned
    Yes I did. Crazy the way it held its value too. Probably the best resale I've ever had on a boat. Literally only a $2000 difference from when I bought it in 2016 till now.
    Yeah its kinda stupid, I was just offered more than I paid for my used boat in 2015, used prices are through the roof, mind you its been kept clean with low hours but still.

One big thing that weighed in on my decision to go ZX was I like the simplicity of the switches etc. No keypad etc. Luckily I've never had any issues with any I have owned but they seem to go bad in most brands over time and they are sometimes hard to find. I also did not feel the price difference from ZX to FX really benefitted me. I prefer non fiberglass fenders anyway, I also not not need padding on rear deck or some of the other differences. I love the FX but figured with the changes plus the 2020 increase in prices and not as generous incentives that the ZX made sense to me. Also figured the fact that my FX was about paid for made the price difference on the new one small enough to consider buying new.

I really was expecting to buy a year old team boat or demo but this just made more sense.

12. Member

nice looking boat congrats

should fish great for many years to come.

Exactly. I currently have a 2015 Skeeter FX20 that has been flawless. I run out of warranty at the end of this year and started looking at new boats. I ended up buying a closeout 2019 Skeeter ZX250 fully loaded in the color I wanted. Has everything you could add including dual Blades, Ultrex and large graphs. Got a Skeeter custom cover, motor cover etc thrown as well as 6 years warranty plus an option for 7 years possibly. I pick it up later this week. Came in well under $60,000 for it all. Pretty pumped as it's my first truly new boat. Deals are there if you will look.
    I been thinking about that myself with mine...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    Beautiful boat!

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I been thinking about that myself with mine...

There are some great deals on 2019s.

Quote Originally Posted by bconger4 View Post
    Beautiful boat!

Thank you....I was initially leery of the digital camo seats but after I saw them I was a fan.

I’ve had several of the pros say they like the ZX better than the FX. Said they were better tournament boats. I don’t know the difference but they sure do.

I'm not really worried so much about warranty on the boat but having a warranty on the engine gives me great peace of mind...but is it worth it to go buy a brand new boat??
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    I’ve had several of the pros say they like the ZX better than the FX. Said they were better tournament boats. I don’t know the difference but they sure do.

I loved my FX. After crawling around the ZX models I do not feel I'm giving up anything I will miss. There are slight handling differences but nothing too drastic. I'm an oddball but I love the compartment layouts a lot in the ZX.

I loved my FX. After crawling around the ZX models I do not feel I'm giving up anything I will miss. There are slight handling differences but nothing too drastic. I'm an oddball but I love the compartment layouts a lot in the ZX.
    Youre not an oddball. You probably set up and fish a lot like they do. That was the main thing they liked better about the ZX.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast