2013 P4 Security system/Pump in/pump out questions

On my 2013 P4 the round panel left of the steering wheel has four buttons - Security, Pump IN, Pump Out, ACC. All four buttons function and light up but the only two that do anything are ACC (turn on the bluewater LED lights) and Pump Out....the pump in does nothing (I can still pump in using the Aerator button on the A10 touchpad to the right of the steering wheel. The Security button will turn on but will not arm.

Does my boat have a security system? If so how do I find out?

Does the pump in button go to a separate pump in pump in the rear of the boat that is likely broken or disconnected or is it not hooked up to anything?
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Call Basscat and they will explain the security system. Don't do it on a public forum or the thieves will know the secret handshake! You're pump in should work, swap the pumps around to find the bad one.

3. Banned
    Pump in is a separate motor. Easily traced just find inlet hose that has the screen cover. Turn on pump out and feel with your hand to find the active pump motor.
    If you are able to swap the wires and test the motors via pump in pump out switches.
    Pumps are easy to remove and replace.
    My pump in and pump out switches are backwards and one of these days I will swap the wires under the dash.

I went ahead and isolated a pump that was the only pump that never turned on after running all of the pumps/buttons. As for the security system my friend has a 2017 Caracal and told me how to "arm" the security system and that did not work.....Is it possible my boat does not have the security system? Just the button as I think it was an option or is something broke?

5. Member
    My Puma has a security system and has push switches on each compartment lid. These are what makes the security system work. When they are closed, they are pushed in. when open they are out, causing the alarm if the system is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    My Puma has a security system and has push switches on each compartment lid. These are what makes the security system work. When they are closed, they are pushed in. when open they are out, causing the alarm if the system is activated.
    hmm I tohught those black pressure switches are what turned my compartment lights on/off so maybe I do have a security system after all.

Thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    hmm I tohught those black pressure switches are what turned my compartment lights on/off so maybe I do have a security system after all.

Thanks!
    I may be wrong (and usually are), but I think they serve both functions.

Update I isolated a pump that never turned on after trying all buttons and it was the furthest back pump in bilge area and definitely the “pump in” pump i took that cartridge out and tested it and the pump works fine....I did notice that for the non working pump the brown wire went to a green wire and black to black. I then plugged it into a brown/black wire combo that had nothing going to it but that did not work either. Anyone know where the “ pump out” power wires from the pump itself need to go to? The light on the touchpad still turns on but the working pump doesn't turn on so clearly a wiring issue!??!

1.jpg this show the pump that works but will not turn on and the wire connections it was connected to (one black and one green)
    IMG_1405.jpg these are the brown/black connectors that had nothing going to them that did not work when I plugged above pump into them and hit "pump out"

IMG_1407.jpg another picture f the connectors the "pump in" pump was connected to but yet not functioning..the wiring appears to be factory ad run up to console with other cluster of wires

IMG_1408.jpg here is the touchpad pressed wit the light on but nothing happening at the pump (pump out works and acc works) security button does not work at all

BUMP...can anyone help me out with the wiring on this? I am still stumped...

would swapping out the DLX Security/Pro AIr Panel fix this issue? if so how difficult is the install on a new panel? is it plug and play or do things need to be rewired?

Thanks

12. Member
    I won't be much help with the pump wiring. But I wanted to clarify something for you about the security system that I don't see where anyone has on this thread yet........ If you have lighted compartments, ALL the little rods that turn the lights on/off must be functioning properly in order for your security to work. My bilge compartment light activator was knocked loose most likely from removing the bilge access lid and hitting it. I had a "sticky" switch on a few of my other compartments as well. Once I got all these working, my security alarm worked perfectly. Does that make sense?

sure does BassCatKev....I will double check all of those.

Thanks!

TTT...has anyone replaced the Pro Aer touch pad? what does it entail?