Thread: FXR Skeeter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

I like it

4. Member
    very nice lines

5. Member
    Who wants to bet me the new SHO will be a "R" for racing or something. New SHO due soon and new boat model will be built around the motor like 2010 FX series/SHO

6. Member
    Losing ground to Phoenix they had to do something big. Wider and deeper layout and if it rides better and still has good speed they will have a winner. Only thing I don't like is the loss of the signature skeeter stripe. Its like buying a chevy with no bow tie or a ford with no blue oval. Not sure why they had to do away with it but that was brand recognition. They need to keep it.

7. Member
    looks like they have another winner very good styling an reasonable pricing considering all.

Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Losing ground to Phoenix
    You sure about that?....just Skeeter specifically?....have you seen Skeeter sales numbers the last 5 years?

Phoenix has a handful of models to choose from....Skeeter has a bunch of models. Not sure how accurate your statement was based on numbers alone.

9. Member
    I would doubt that Phoenix sells more boats than Skeeter. Losing ground? Like Phoenix is stealing a bunch of sales from Skeeter?? Maybe, I have no idea. But this new boat sure looks nice

I think its vice versa. If you look, Phoenix is losing ground. Mayn guys I know that have bought them are going back top previous boats. Also, when is the last time Phoenix has done or innovated something new in a bass boat. They haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I would doubt that Phoenix sells more boats than Skeeter. Losing ground? Like Phoenix is stealing a bunch of sales from Skeeter?? Maybe, I have no idea. But this new boat sure looks nice
    We have a dealer here with multiple locations. They sell Phoenix and Skeeter. I am only basing it off of what I see with my own eyes but I think Skeeter is doing just fine and increasing numbers yearly.

12. Member
    As I posted in another thread.... the ZX is what is KILLING the FX line. The FXR is awesome from what I have seen!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    I think its vice versa. If you look, Phoenix is losing ground. Mayn guys I know that have bought them are going back top previous boats. Also, when is the last time Phoenix has done or innovated something new in a bass boat. They haven't.
    I don't really have a dog in either of these fights. I owned an 09 ZX225 and fish tournaments out of a newer 819 phoenix and really enjoyed both boats and I think both build great boats, but to your point, one thing phoenix did that really caught my attention early on was the removable 2nd console. To my knowledge no other boat company had created such an easy way to put that in and out like they did and I also believe they were the first to completely enclose the underneath of a drivers console. I also can't remember any other boat companies installing a lazy susan underneath the front deck to try and utilize some of that space that would normally be very hard to reach. When was the last time skeeter has created anything new in a bass boat and is that really how we base our opinions on how good boats are? If they invent something new? Phoenix has come out with a boat that handles great, rides good, is fast and fishes really well. IMO they don't really have to invent anything new and they can still be a better boat and steal some sales away from other brands. Your area can skew your opinion one way or the other on that subject. I just know that in my area you used to see a ton of skeeters and anymore I definitely see more new phoenixs on the water than I do skeeters. Sure seems like phoenix is pulling away here for sure and I imagine skeeter has recognized that maybe they were losing sales from other brands and needed to up their game.

14. Member
    That is SHARP!

15. Member
    I have been in both Phoenix and Skeeter. No comparison in ride. I have a ZX 225 and a buddy has a 721. Smooth day he can smoke me. Rough water he doesnt stand a chance. Removable console do agree with you.

Triton has a removable console. And I think Ranger had it years back and got rid of it. It's one of those deals where people wish they had it. But if you ask people who have it...they never use it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    Triton has a removable console. And I think Ranger had it years back and got rid of it. It's one of those deals where people wish they had it. But if you ask people who have it...they never use it.
    Yeah I'm not saying they invented the removable console. I'm saying they innovated it to make it easier to take in and out and you're are probably right. Most dont take it out, still an innovation.

18. Member

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    I have been in both Phoenix and Skeeter. No comparison in ride. I have a ZX 225 and a buddy has a 721. Smooth day he can smoke me. Rough water he doesnt stand a chance. Removable console do agree with you.
    I have spent quite a bit of time in both and I really like the new Skeeter but both Zx250 Ive fished in don't ride near as good as my 721. ZX225 must be a lot better boat.
    Bullet 21XD/250 Racing XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast