AVX 1980 CC motor and prop

Anyone ride in the 1980CC? If so what engine and prop/pitch? Also, anyone use hydraulic Jack plate? I am thinking of new boat for bay fishing to replace my Ranger RP190? How does it fish in the wind? Thanks for any information.

2. Member
    093F7CC7-D437-419D-B54F-9B6BFB54D3D8.jpeg
    I took the plunge for a 1980CC with Mercury 150 4-stroke. The ride cannot be compared to the Ranger RP190. Awesome.
    i am interested in discusing setup with other owners. Thanks

3. Member
    I also currently have a RP190. Interested in feedback speed, holeshot and especially how it handles rough water. The RP190 doesn't seem heavy enough in the front.
    2019 Vexus 1980AVX
    150 Mercury 4-stroke
    80 lbs Ultrex
    Dual Pro Series II Power Poles
    Dual Hummingbird Helix 9 Gen3
    6" Atlas jackplate

4. Banned
    Deuceboy what rpms and speed are you seeing with what prop?

5. Member

Vexus 1980CC

Quote Originally Posted by Deuceboy View Post
    093F7CC7-D437-419D-B54F-9B6BFB54D3D8.jpeg
    I took the plunge for a 1980CC with Mercury 150 4-stroke. The ride cannot be compared to the Ranger RP190. Awesome.
    i am interested in discusing setup with other owners. Thanks
    I've owned all kinds of boats in the past, mostly Glass Bass Boats, but this will be my first Al boat. I went online to do a build and was wondering why you can't order a TM with a pedal. I will be doing a lot of inland bass fishing with this boat too, and a pedal on the TM is essential. BTW, love the look/color of your boat. I'm going to order the same. That's if I can. So, hard to order any boat these days. Keep in touch. Rob
    2022 Vexus AVX 1980CC
    2022 Merc 150 Pro XS

I asked about the trolling motor pedal when they first came out with the CC's. No option for a recessed trolling motor pedal due to the front anchor storage. That was a deal breaker for me! My tournament partner runs the AVX 2080 and it has been a fantastic boat. I just thought the center console version would be a better "do all" boat for fresh and salt water but I don't want a deck mounted foot control and there's no way I'm going with a hand controlled trolling motor for bass fishing!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I asked about the trolling motor pedal when they first came out with the CC's. No option for a recessed trolling motor pedal due to the front anchor storage. That was a deal breaker for me! My tournament partner runs the AVX 2080 and it has been a fantastic boat. I just thought the center console version would be a better "do all" boat for fresh and salt water but I don't want a deck mounted foot control and there's no way I'm going with a hand controlled trolling motor for bass fishing!
    Yeah, I thought about that too...no pedal for the TM. Then, I started to think..am I really going to use the pedal like I did when I owned a bass boat? Probably not. I think when I bass fish with the AVX 1980CC I'll be mostly fishing flats or points and using the spot lock on the MK Terrova TM. I'm not going to be fishing in/out of docks (or tight areas) like I used to. Plus, the MK Terrova TM has GPS lock where you can set it to run down a bank. Don't forget the iPilots have a remote too, where you can steer and control speed.
    2022 Vexus AVX 1980CC
    2022 Merc 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I asked my dealer about a pedal for the TM this a.m. and he said he could probably get the pedal for the Terrova if I wanted it. He said the reason why they don't offer it is because the pedal is not sealed and if saltwater got inside it could damage the pedal. I told him I'd probably only use it in freshwater anyway.
    2022 Vexus AVX 1980CC
    2022 Merc 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    I have a 1980cc with a 150 Mercury 4stroke. 23p Tempest plus, no jackplate. Average speed is 55-56mph on a regular basis and 5400 RPMs.

Here is another post with people giving some feedback and their thoughts.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11541832

boat.jpg

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardnibbles View Post
    I have a 1980cc with a 150 Mercury 4stroke. 23p Tempest plus, no jackplate. Average speed is 55-56mph on a regular basis and 5400 RPMs.

Here is another post with people giving some feedback and their thoughts.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11541832
    Thanks for the input...good info.
    2022 Vexus AVX 1980CC
    2022 Merc 150 Pro XS