Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scammers at Their Best

Have my Z 520L with G2 in the boats for sale section as I have used many times in the past. I got this email from some one yesterday and just started playing along, it was just getting interesting until I told him I had to have 10 grand (cash)up front before I would do anything, haven’t heard back from him He must have though I was a dumb old man, well he got the old right

Hello,

the price is fine by me . please i will like to have the following details for payment

Bank Name
    Account Holders name and address
    Account number
    Routine Number.

Please the shippers will email you when they will come see it and arranging to pick it up .
    Thank you

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Seems legit (even has a 'routine' number).
    Who controls John Gill?

Rodney, he claims to be in the UK, I would guess he's more likely in Nigeria.

LOL...
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Member
    In one of the messages he sent you, you can look at the message headers and identify what IP address his hosting site originated it. More than likely, it's not in the us. This site helps break it down and easier to read.

https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx and paste in the headers. Then analize
    CrusinArnd
    1994 Ranger 482VS
    1993 Merc 175
    Call it the Puddle Jumper....

6. Member
    This is the boat for him. Scammmer, meet scammer: https://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/...894304568.html

7. Member
    I was kind of looking forward to the 10 grand cash and run

8. Member
    Scammers rank right up there with thieves and the death penalty wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit.
    Praying for a Cure

At work we have an IT department that when not busy they have the phone numbers of scammers and our phone guy can call using a bogus number. I heard them today call some scammer saying he was with the SS office trying to get a credit card number. Our guys carry on with them until they realize that they were being hood winked and the scammer talks sh.t back to them. I asked our guys why do you do that and their answer is as long as they keep them on the phone they can’t be screwing with someone else.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusinArnd View Post
    In one of the messages he sent you, you can look at the message headers and identify what IP address his hosting site originated it. More than likely, it's not in the us. This site helps break it down and easier to read.

https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx and paste in the headers. Then analize
    I tried that but they wanted a card number for a buck, no thanks ��

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    This is the boat for him. Scammmer, meet scammer: https://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/...894304568.html
    I was about to jump all over that till I saw the trailer didn’t have new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Rodney, he claims to be in the UK, I would guess he's more likely in Nigeria.
    Small world. Turns out I actually have an uncle in Nigeria. Sadly he recently passed but it just so happens that I'm his closest living relative. Once I sent Nigerian customs their pittance, I'll be in a good spot.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

13. Member
    He’s from Waco China, just like the Chinese trying to screw us again ��

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    He’s from Waco China, just like the Chinese trying to screw us again ��
    That's a new slant on an old scam.

15. Member
    Maybe he will bring the cash and surprise you.

16. Member
    Im surprise he didn't ask you for your blood type.

Should've titled this scammers at their WORST. Routine number, LOL.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Have my Z 520L with G2 in the boats for sale section as I have used many times in the past. I got this email from some one yesterday and just started playing along, it was just getting interesting until I told him I had to have 10 grand (cash)up front before I would do anything, haven’t heard back from him He must have though I was a dumb old man, well he got the old right

Hello,

the price is fine by me . please i will like to have the following details for payment

Bank Name
    Account Holders name and address
    Account number
    Routine Number.

Please the shippers will email you when they will come see it and arranging to pick it up .
    Thank you

I got the same thing. I asked him where he lived and his phone number. He did reply with Alaska, but gave me a LA California phone number. He never responded again. Weird scam.

19. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I'm giving my info for a heck of a center console at 1/2 price. They deliver the boat and I have 5 days to look it over before ebay releases the money to them. I cant wait for it to get here!

As soon as a get my inheritance from a guy in Europe with the same last name as me, that died with no family around, an insider at the bank found me on google. I'll say I'm kin and we are to split the millions once the deal goes through. I'm going to go on a spree and buy all kinds of toys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast