Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BASS in Guntersville

Predictions?
    I don't think It will take much over 80lb for the win, if that. Its brutal, and I don't believe they will find a 20lb bag 4 days in a row, and I guarantee there won't be any of those 100b belts being handed out they talk about. The article on Bassmaster sure makes it look lie they will slaughter them,I'd like to see it, but I highly doubt it. I'm going with one of the old guys in this one, Steve Kennedy or Bernie Schultz. I'm afraid the young electronic guru's will run into each other out there idling around for the deep ones, there aren't many! The lake is entirely diffrent than anything they have ever seen when in Guntersville, millfoil and hydrilla about gone, eelgrass everywhere, I predict it will be won waaay upriver which fishes entirely differently that he lower end. What your predictions?

2. Member
    If they arent in the grass they are off the bank. They will find them

One thing is for sure, the eel grass has taken over!
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

4. Member
    That eel grass is crazy this year with the heavy flow. Every year it seems to spread.

5. Banned
    I’ll bet ya a $100 tackle warehouse gift card Bernie won’t be in the top 10. Lol

6. Member
    Don't put Tacoronte on your team.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/taco...e-series-event
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

7. Banned
    Took 25 to win a Sunday morning tournament coupe weeks ago. They still there just fishing different somebody will find them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbarnett View Post
    Took 25 to win a Sunday morning tournament coupe weeks ago. They still there just fishing different somebody will find them.
    One day vs 4 days is a whole different ball game, especially at the most over fished pond in the world!! One of the best on that lake caught 3 one day last week on a school, one of the largest schools he had seen in several years, and left, went back to a tourney 2 days later, found em, marked em, Fished em for 7 hours and got one bite!! I would put his money up if he could fish this tourney, he’s that good. These pressured fish are so different the last few years but especially this year and add on the shitty grass and you won’t see a consistent bite unless, They find something way up that river and that will need steady current for 4 days, not happening! I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds, but wont be many huge bags, especially multiples. One guy may get em but I’m betting the field will tighten up after he first few places and won’t be over 80 lb. I can’t wait to see how they do it, they are pros and I’m excited to see how they figure this puzzle out. Not many good locals seem to be able to right now, but an open mind and not much experience on the lake could wind up being a good thing.

These guys always surprise me and how well they catch fish.

10. Member
    They will catch them. I was there for 5 days last week. 3 days was a tourney. Had 18 one day, 12.5 another day and 18 the last day and got 2nd. We had over 10 keepers each day. they were biting all day. Just need to find the size. They were in schools also. catch one and there were 5 more with it. had a blast down there.

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Yeah, I had him on mine.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjignpig View Post
    They will catch them. I was there for 5 days last week. 3 days was a tourney. Had 18 one day, 12.5 another day and 18 the last day and got 2nd. We had over 10 keepers each day. they were biting all day. Just need to find the size. They were in schools also. catch one and there were 5 more with it. had a blast down there.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and caught some fish, but your post kind of backs up my prediction, 18,12,and 18 is not even above average on the "old" Guntersville, in recent times that's a heck of a good 3 days.

13. Member
    Expect to see the shallow guys excel in this one.

14. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by wadedon View Post
    Expect to see the shallow guys excel in this one.

why do you say that? Is the ledge bite not on?

15. Member
    Alot of big fish are being caught shallow right now. 15-17 lbs are winning the evening tournaments. Those are all 3 fish limits.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I’ll bet ya a $100 tackle warehouse gift card Bernie won’t be in the top 10. Lol
    If someone is willing to take that bet, I'll put up another $100 saying he won't be in top 10, or even top 20.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

17. BassBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    If someone is willing to take that bet, I'll put up another $100 saying he won't be in top 10, or even top 20.

18. Member
    i knew nothing about the lake as i am from Missouri. First time fishing there. If i can get 18 there then im sure the pros can get 20. I think there was 3 bags over 20 in the tourney i was in. i will say for sure it will take a 20 pound per day average to win. probably somewhere in upper 70s or low 80s to win it.

19. Dogfish_Jones
    They were on points and ledges for me last week. I caught nothing big in or near the grass. I caught a butt load of grass!!!!!!!!!

20. Member
    Need to start a Eel Grass Lawn Bussiness, and have cutters to cut them down. 2 weeks ago we caught around 80 fish in 2 days. But then a week later, only catch 4. Very erratic feeding going on, and lake is going thru a Growing state again. Grass is not all gone, just not come back fully yet. But the Fish have all been caught at least once over the past 5 years.. LOL

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast