Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I wouldn't just give them any waypoints unless they gave me a spinnerbait, chatterbait, jig, or some other type lure. Can you imagine giving them all waypoints and getting 75 to 80 lures in exchange. The ultimate lifetime score!!

Ya break the rules and get caught well you get into trouble. But in today's hyper connected social media based world you almost need to be in a clique of friends or trusted ones to help with areas to stay competitive in many cases. Because if you don't do it most of the field still is. Speeding is illegal and so is tailgating at games where I am but everyone still does it.......and no that doesn't make it right. Just saying

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Look at pictures posted for years on BASS and FLW’s websites. Clusters of 8-15 boats, at times more, all fishing within a cast of each other.

And of course none of them saw another boat during practice on those spots, they just all magically appeared there once the event started.

Anyone who thinks a large chunk of these guys aren’t still getting info are clueless.
    Look at the Winyah Bay event, the bulk of the guys who ran to the Cooper clustered together fishing very specific spots in a very specific area. These aren’t spots you just find on Navionics, they aren’t shown. Tacorante decided in the middle of the night after the first day that he was going to gamble, and run 100 miles to the Cooper.
    I think the main reason for this is pros sharing info with other pros, there are large groups on tour that do this not just roomates, one of the reason I like MLF rule of them not letting them share info amongst themselves period.

4. Member
    Dumb move for sure. I can't believe he tried again knowing it was a clear violation of the cutoff. Even if it was in question, I sure as heck would have called to confirm first.

5. Member
    Information share has and will always take place. Best one that I can remember would be the 2010 Bassmaster Classic
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    Information share has and will always take place. Best one that I can remember would be the 2010 Bassmaster Classic
    Please elaborate....
    I'm guessing how almost half the field was stacked Bees Wax creek.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Please elaborate....
    I'm guessing how almost half the field was stacked Bees Wax creek.
    BINGO!!!
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

8. Banned
    He was 32nd in points so it is going to kill his season as far as the classic and top 50 AOY goes.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    I didn't say that. Of course spots i fish i have seen boats. I said i never see someone fishing a spot. Then go back later just because i saw someone on it. It would be impossible to fish a spot that no one has fished. But i have no desire to poach a spot
    Why? It's more the point of "have you ever struggled, fun fishing or tournament, and see a boat go down a bank and catch 3-4 fish right in front of you, so you try to figure out what they are doing different from you?"

I admit, I've done that. Watching other anglers is no different than watching birds. You can figure out approximate depth, or what they are keying on just by trolling over where they caught the fish. You don't need to know what they were throwing, color, retrieve, etc. You can figure that out. But if you figure out they are catching their fish out of tree tops in 20-25' of water on southern-facing steep banks, then you can go drive around and find more places just like it and try to reproduce it for yourself.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    And if you think Boyd Dickett, part owner, isn't getting all the score tracker data (fish caught, how locations, lures used) from the group fishing the previous day you're not paying attention ha
    Think it is you not paying attention Ha, Boyd dickett has only made 1-2 cuts so far
    shouldn’t he be doing better if what you say is true?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    ... one of the reason I like MLF rule of them not letting them share info amongst themselves period.
    Yeah over there they just practice the bent pole pattern... The score tracker encourages it... From the few I've seen, someone get hot and they'll say KVD's really catching them must be using a drop shot and the next minute they're in search of drop shot fish or better yet they magically show up within sight of him...

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Style View Post
    ... Boyd dickett has only made 1-2 cuts so far
    shouldn’t he be doing better if what you say is true?
    You've never been in a boat where one guy is slaying them and his partner can't get a bite using the exact same bait and retreive???... Just because you know bait and location doesn't mean you're gonna whack em'... Dan

12. BassBlood
    It's still two more cuts than he made in the Elites in the past three years

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Yeah over there they just practice the bent pole pattern... The score tracker encourages it... From the few I've seen, someone get hot and they'll say KVD's really catching them must be using a drop shot and the next minute they're in search of drop shot fish or better yet they magically show up within sight of him...

You've never been in a boat where one guy is slaying them and his partner can't get a bite using the exact same bait and retreive???... Just because you know bait and location doesn't mean you're gonna whack em'... Dan
    Yes I have but if dickett is indeed getting this info in every tournament everyday he should surely catch them a bit better don’t you think Don Barron??? My bad I meant “Dan” ;)
    As for your first response I haven’t seen any of that happen but I’ll be sure to pay more attention when it’s on tv

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBlood View Post
    He actually made 8 cuts the last three years with two top 10 finishes last year... I know I know...... I shouldn’t be injecting actual facts into a bashing thread. Lol

I bet those Elite guys can't read maps or even know how to use Google Earth. I mean all pro level tournaments are won on deep spots using waypoints.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by BassBlood

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    He actually made 8 cuts the last three years with two top 10 finishes last year... I know I know...... I shouldn’t be injecting actual facts into a bashing thread. Lol
    I know I shouldn't be laughing at actual statistical facts that debunk a bashing thread on the BBC.....However when one also has the delivery skills to make it funny it is impossible not to

I bet those Elite guys can't read maps or even know how to use Google Earth. I mean all pro level tournaments are won on deep spots using waypoints. Quote Mark Perry

Here is another good one that is liable to put a quick limit in the live well

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I bet those Elite guys can't read maps or even know how to use Google Earth. I mean all pro level tournaments are won on deep spots using waypoints.
    For those of you who do know how to use Google maps with satellite imaging turned on copy and paste these cords and zoom in all the way.

30.4432602 -88.5371608

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    For those of you who do know how to use Google maps with satellite imaging turned on copy and paste these cords and zoom in all the way.

30.4432602 -88.5371608
    Me thinks that guy doesn't like google earth. Or maybe he doesn't like airplane noise.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:34 AM.

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    So he wanted spots from last October? That’s all I got out of it...just don’t see the big deal. But, he broke the rule, told on himself, and has been penalized. I fail to see the big deal.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast