Thread: 96 191 Floor

96 191 Floor

Hey guys I’ve got a 96 191. Well today I ripped the carpet out of the floor to start a carpet job, and where the hot foot was mounted there was a 1x10 carpeted screwed down to the floor. Ok so when I took it out I noticed several holes that looked like the screws have been pulled out of the floor before the board was put in. My question is how do I go about fixing this spot where water can’t get in. The floor is solid where you can stand or put any weight down on it at. Do I need to cut it out and re fiberglass or just silicone the holes up

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Is the floor glassed over wood or solid glass? Either way, I would do the repair with like materials. If glass, I'd chop up some mat and mix with resin to fill the holes then sand smooth. If glassed wood, I' drill the holes and fill with hardwood dowel epoxied in, then glass over. A bit of work, but better in the long run, and you can get rid of the 1x10

3. Member
    It appears to be glasses over wood, my worry was that the rot could spread to the rest of the floor and cause the whole thing to be replaced, or if it was the same wood in the transom that is said not to rot .I’ve never dealt with anything like this so I’m kinda clueless