115 ProXS Break-in

<2B716880>

Guys,

Picked up the boat last night from the dealer after having it repowered with a new 115 ProXS Four Stroke. Took it to a lake across the highway and started the break-in process. Have a Spitfire X7 - 19P prop on there.

Two questions I have after the first hour of break-in. It says vary the throttle between 3500 and 4500 rpms with 1 minute bursts of full throttle every ten minutes. With the motor trimmed down and pushing the hull thru the water full throttle will remain at 4500-4800 rpms depending on chop, but trim up just a bit and the boat pops out of the water and instantly picks up speed and jumps to 5500 but wont go over that. It did that each time I went full throttle. I assume there is a 5500 limit during the break-in procedure cause it is almost instantaneous from 4500 to 5500 and then just stops. Is that correct?

Also, I have a Vessel View Mobile Module installed on the engine but I can not connect to the engine via bluetooth. Do you have to register an account for the engine via the log-in before being able link to the motor? I don't see it on the bluetooth devices on my phone and I am guessing I need to sign in to see it.

Actually three questions. I noticed my front trim switch isn't working, guessing they forgot to hook it up. Is that something I can do at home or do I need to bring it in to have them hook that up?

Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-21-2019 at 09:13 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the Top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

RPM's are not limited to 5500 by "intentional" programming. Either your throttle is not reaching 100%, or your setup needs work.

Which lights are illuminated on the Vessel View Mobile Module when the key is in the "on" position? Terminating resistor REINSTALLED on the Vessel View Mobile's harness?

Sometimes helpful to shut off the phone, then turn it back on again.

Trim: Need to get the rigging dealer to correct this for you. Should be pretty simple, but there are too many variables in a repower for us to "guess" the correct solution.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I had posted before taking a reference pic of the serial number on the motor, sorry about that. It’s 2B716880.

I figured out the vessel view issue. Instead of installing it, they had just zip tied the module up under the dash and didn’t have it connected to anything. Cut a couple zip ties, pop the cowl, installed on the motor and bam, that works fine. Haven’t been back out to the water again to run it any more.

I taked to the dealer about the trim switch and they said when I bring it in for the first service they’ll hook it up for me. It is a convenience item that I use when backing into the garage and occasionally on the water. When I am on the lake it’s just another step to get to the helm so not a big deal short term. They’ll get it taken care of though. Hoping to be out again this weekend to put some more hours on and see what it will do.