Praying Helix 10 Mega and Minn Kota Ultrex PD

First let me start by saying I'm not electronic savvy. I have a helix 10 mega on the front of my 16.5 Lund that is set up for bass fishing. The transducer is mounted to the rear of the boat on the Transom. This poses some difficulty when trying to sit on a mark when I'm in the front of the boat and the mark is direct below the rear of the boat. Now the Minn Kota I have is a power drive Ultrex that has a built in transducer that should give me 2d and down imaging I believe. What do I need to hook up the TM to the Hummingbird head unit and would I have to switch out the cords if I wished to go back and forth once I got to the mark? Like I said please don't get frustrated I'm not electronic savvy. There has to be something I can do being a power drive TM I can't really mount the Transducer to the TM. It's frustrating trying to find your mark and judge ho far back off it you should be because it's below the boat.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Fred

There are two transducer types in Ultrex motors, US2 and MDI, which do you have?
    There are several Helix 10 MEGAs which one do you have?

You can put a transducer on the bottom of a US2 Ultrex, it's no different than any other foot control cable steer motor.
    I have a HDSI Side Imaging transducer on mine.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I believe it is the US2 on the trolling motor, it's ipolit compatible I Believe it said. I'm going to check serial numbers tonight. The Helix is a Mega 10 chirp with DI,SI it's only a year old I'll check serial o that as well. Being a power driver the motor constantly turns when I put the spot lock on not sure how I would be able to run the cord

Quote Originally Posted by Lund from Ohio View Post
    I believe it is the US2 on the trolling motor, it's ipolit compatible I Believe it said. I'm going to check serial numbers tonight. The Helix is a Mega 10 chirp with DI,SI it's only a year old I'll check serial o that as well. Being a power driver the motor constantly turns when I put the spot lock on not sure how I would be able to run the cord
    The G3N MEGA SI+ uses HW CHIRP 2D sonar, the G2N MEGA uses 83/200 kHz 2D sonar.
    The US2 does 83/200 kHz 2D sonar only.
    If you use the US2, you will not have Side Imaging and Down Imaging.

The Minnkota US2 adapter cable for Humminbird units is MKR US2 8.

You just leave enough slack at the bow guard so the motor can turn 360 degrees. No different than doing the same thing at the shaft spit of a Minnkota Fortrex/Maxxum, or Motor Guide X5/ Tour.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    First let me start by saying I'm not electronic savvy. I have a helix 10 mega on the front of my 16.5 Lund that is set up for bass fishing. The transducer is mounted to the rear of the boat on the Transom. This poses some difficulty when trying to sit on a mark when I'm in the front of the boat and the mark is direct below the rear of the boat. Now the Minn Kota I have is a power drive Ultrex that has a built in transducer that should give me 2d and down imaging I believe. What do I need to hook up the TM to the Hummingbird head unit and would I have to switch out the cords if I wished to go back and forth once I got to the mark? Like I said please don't get frustrated I'm not electronic savvy. There has to be something I can do being a power drive TM I can't really mount the Transducer to the TM. It's frustrating trying to find your mark and judge ho far back off it you should be because it's below the boat.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    Fred
    Have you tried marking a spot and then use range rings? Unless you're jigging, you probably don't want to be directly over the spot.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

6. Member
    I've used the rings at times yes when flipping a jig to something but I want to Drop shot directly over as well.

7. Member
    I've used the rings at times yes when flipping a jig to something but I want to Drop shot directly over as well.
    I have an SI transducer mounted to the ultrex and it works great. However, the bow on my triton has a downward angle which points the sonar a few feet back. It's typically not an issue and I can still see the bait while jigging. But I should get some type of wedge to level the trolling motor.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

8. Member
    Why not use a “Y” cable and use the US2 on the trolling motor for vertical jigging and the SI transducer for side /down? They will show different stuff, but usually only use 2D for jigging anyway.
    If you mark a waypoint from where the transducer is now, it will be 16’ off of the internal GPS on the head. Could use a Directional puck mounted on the transom so at least the unit GPS and SI/DI will be in sync. But fishing those spots will still be off by length of boat from the waypoint to your position but should be close enough to get over it and then hit spotlock after seeing it.