Thread: Rod tie downs

Unhappy Rod tie downs

Has anyone installed retractable rod tie down in a bullet, is there enough space , 1997 21xdc8

2. Member
    I had them in the floor on the front deck of a 03 21xd , worked great ...thinking about doing them on current boat
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    Saw them on a new one at the factory, looked good

4. Member
    I used the conceal kits. You have to be careful but it's doable. Mount them as low to the deck as you can get them (allows them to hold the rods down better)
    There is no way I would cut a hole in the deck to install them but that's just my opinion.

5. Member
    To put them in the gunnel on a Bullet yourself they have to go far forward , mounting them from behind the gunnel sticking your arms in the compartments under the deck , I have seen them both ways I like the floor mount cause its a tighter fit on the rods and you can move them back further ... I would not want to cut into my gunnels ! At least the floor you could repair and recarpet no different than cutting in a comfort troll.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Anyone ever put some straps on the bottom of the middle console of a 21”er? I like to keep 6-10 rods on the floor there, just wanna secure them better

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    Anyone ever put some straps on the bottom of the middle console of a 21”er? I like to keep 6-10 rods on the floor there, just wanna secure them better
    I used the Berkeley foam rod holders ,two one behind the other about 10" apart ,that keeps them straight , screw right to the floor
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    All of my Bullets have come with straps in the center storage to hold rods in the tubes, just wish I had more tubes, but yes you could put some in the floor if you wanted to

9. Hagen
    Does anyone have these mounted in the floor? I would think being mounted in the floor they would hold better?? Have any pictures? Thanks.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

10. Member
    I had some mounted in the floor on a different. Boat. Didn't work bad. Had to be careful they were subject to grab the line and pull into the slot. Think they would do the same in the side as well. I liked them just had to be a little careful.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

11. Member
    I lay my spinning rods on the floor of the center storage, no problems