can it be done? or has it been done ?

can a 2008 skeeter zx 200 take a/ handle a 2008 yamaha 225 ? or is the strickly rated for a 200 ?..

2. Member
    it is only rated for a 200. Is it an hpdi?

Just get an ecu from a 225 of same year and a throttle control arm for it.

3. Member
    problen is i blew a piston, dont want to rebuild but really dont want to buy a new engine neither so i was looking around and found a 225 , thats the reason i am asking but looks like its a rebuild or new engine ... thanks for the inut

4. Member
    boat and transom should be able to handle it, just getting insurance might be a problem
    2007 SKEETER 20I - 2018 250 PRO XS
    2011 Gator-tail 1860 - 2019 Mercury 4 Stroke

5. Member
    keep the old cowling, and problem solved. the boats that the transom/stringer system will take a tiny bit more horsepower for sure. the weight is the same and the 25hp may get you another 3mph or so. there isn't a huge difference between the 2

6. Member
    Insurance will be an issue based on motor VIN, not the cowling. Boat can likely take it, but not the insurance. Also, if ever in an accident on the water, you'll be held much more accountable regardless of the circumstances.

Vin thing could bite you in certain tournaments and may hurt resale too.

Unless you hung the 225 of the same bracket with the original 200 vin number on it.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

8. Banned
    Yes, it can handle it just fine

9. Member
    I called my insurance compnay they sai no way! ( hahah) motor is in the shop now and i'm hoping for the best ! it was worth a try.

10. Member
    Insurance companies suck the big one! I own my own company, a home, a boat, a truck, two trailers aside from the boat trailer...a Vette, and a Jeep...let alone health insurance and life insurance...and let's not count out gap insurance on the truck (insurance to further insure insurance)....they suck me dry for over 30k a year when it's all added up...and you cannot purchase a policy of which covers your desire in any case...why??? all insurance is...is a risk that a company takes to collect your money and cover hopefully nothing if something goes wrong...it is the biggest rip off in America...second to Workers Compensation Insurance for micro businesses..."F U" insurance companies....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Insurance companies suck the big one! I own my own company, a home, a boat, a truck, two trailers aside from the boat trailer...a Vette, and a Jeep...let alone health insurance and life insurance...and let's not count out gap insurance on the truck (insurance to further insure insurance)....they suck me dry for over 30k a year when it's all added up...and you cannot purchase a policy of which covers your desire in any case...why??? all insurance is...is a risk that a company takes to collect your money and cover hopefully nothing if something goes wrong...it is the biggest rip off in America...second to Workers Compensation Insurance for micro businesses..."F U" insurance companies....

best post ever. I couldn't agree more.

12. Craig White
    Agree!!!!!!!!!!