Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

watched the world news and had to just shake my head

They had a story on where a young couple knowingly let their very young daughter shoplift a doll from a store, cops were called, they didn't comply, cop drew their guns, and they were arrested. now they are suing the city to the tune of 10 million because the cops were "over zellis"even if the little daughter didn't know any better, the parents did, now they want to be rewarded with 10 million? WTH?

2. Banned
    The lady basically said it was ok to steal since they didn't have any money.

3. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Sounds like a deliberate attempt to extort money from the City. I see this as going no where.. hopefully.

4. Banned
    The mayor agreed that the police were wrong.. Please give me a break.... They just want free money

5. Member
    Have you watched the video? There's a little more to it. $10 mil is clearly excessive but the cops may have escalated things unnecessarily.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The lady basically said it was ok to steal since they didn't have any money.
    Where is this info? I've read 3 articles and haven't seen it yet

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Have you watched the video? There's a little more to it. $10 mil is clearly excessive but the cops may have escalated things unnecessarily.
    I seen the video, they didn't comply and with it open season on the police I can't say I can blame the cops. my point, this should never see a court or settlement of any sort.

[QUOTE=BP in ME;10344681]Where is this info? I've read 3 articles and haven't seen it yet[/QUOT..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    My thoughts exactly based on the video i saw. They complied and the way the cop kicked the guys legs was absolutely uncalled for. He was complying. That officer appeared to have rage issues.

10. Member
    Now I am all for the cops most times. But I did see the video, but you could not hear what all was said. Unless the police saw a gun, I don't know. But I think the police went a little to far on this one. All of this over a doll, come on man.

As many cops that are being killed these days, they deserve the right to be cautious and aggressive imo. Don’t do anything wrong and you won’t have to worry about it.

I guess most would have the police let them go back in and get what they need and then let them go..

I watched the video and feel that the police did not handle the situation properly. Their actions and language were way beyond the level required to handle the situation.

14. Member
    I watched that video yesterday on CBS news with some back story. The child took a doll and the mother stole something too. When confronted,they did not comply so it escalated. Turns out the daddy didn’t have a drivers license either. Once again,do what you’re told,get a summons and everyone goes home. That mama had already been lawyered up,it seemed,in the interview. She spoke in a monotone voice with only cliches,. Or either she was high.

How about a link?

16. Member
    Bad situation, I think the LEO’s lost their dam minds on this one. Shoplifting, driving without a license, come on. Hope you dont get pulled over without your wallet if you condone this kind of behavior.

That being said...this is what happens when the line between right and wrong gets blurred. I remember picking up a piece of candy as a kid. My mom didn’t allow candy and found the wrapper in my pocket. After my ass whopping she drove me to the store to pay and apologize. We lived in the hood, she was a single mom of three at the time...no excuses for stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Bad situation, I think the LEO’s lost their dam minds on this one. Shoplifting, driving without a license, come on. Hope you dont get pulled over without your wallet if you condone this kind of behavior.

That being said...this is what happens when the line between right and wrong gets blurred. I remember picking up a piece of candy as a kid. My mom didn’t allow candy and found the wrapper in my pocket. After my ass whopping she drove me to the store to pay and apologize. We lived in the hood, she was a single mom of three at the time...no excuses for stealing.
    The reason guns were drawn had nothing to do with the charges. It has to do with the fact that they couple were in the vehicle and refused to comply. If you are in your car, refuse to comply, and I can’t see your hands, I’m drawing down on you. I can promise that I won’t be talking sweet to you and hope you aren’t holding a sawed off 12 gauge I’m your car just waiting to blast me.

18. Member
    After they are out of the car...cops are supposed to be professional and keep their cool. I don't think the couple should be awarded 10M dollars. I DO think those LEO’s seem to need a break. It’s impossible to be judge and jury from the biased media.

19. Banned
    Don't break the law, do what your told by the police and it's a done issue. People need to respect the police and do what's asked of them.

I think both sides were clearly in the wrong here. That said, the police are trained professionals and should be more adept at defusing a high tension instead of making it worse.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast