Autochart on gen3 helix 9

Quick question guys, my friend has a helix 9 gen3. He’s been doing some autocharting on the water and now wants to view the maps he made while in the cabin. How does he go about this? He was hoping I would know, but I haven’t messed with autochart to much lol! Thanks!

I assume you mean that he's been using "Autochart Live" to record sonar data onto his unit. To get that data to a computer, he needs to be using a zero line card and have access to the Autochart (or Autochart Pro) application on a pc. Both of those apps come with a zero line card. Neither of those apps are included with his Helix. One of them will need to be purchased if he doesn't own one yet.

Once that's established, the instructions are here:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...PC_532257E.pdf

A standalone zero line card can be purchased which will provide nearly endless recording capacity but without the benefit of the pc software. Many forgo the software and just record to the zero line card and use the maps that the Helix makes on the fly. He'll have to decide if the Autochart software benefits are worth the cost.

3. Member
    Thanks Fins! I guess I should’ve mentioned that he does have a zero lines card that he’s recording to. Can he just bring it up on the unit from that card to look at it, or does it have to be transferred to a pc to view it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebait View Post
    Thanks Fins! I guess I should’ve mentioned that he does have a zero lines card that he’s recording to. Can he just bring it up on the unit from that card to look at it, or does it have to be transferred to a pc to view it? Thanks!
    It is viewed on the unit as it is being recorded and after it is recorded. Can do that with what is on the Zero Line Card or if the recording is done directly to the unit's memory.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Ok thanks Wayne!

6. Member
    Hi Wayne,

I've just started using AC live and a zero lines card but one oddity I've noticed is although the recorded contours are visible on the unit, when you scroll with the cursor a distance away from your actual location, the recorded contours no longer appear.

For example, if you've recorded a mile worth of a contour, it's visible where you're presently sitting and when you zoom out all is good as well, but when you slew the cursor a quarter mile or so back over an area you've already covered, the contours don't appear. Now if you physically drive the boat to that same area mentioned a quarter mile away, then the contours are there.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    Hi Wayne,

I've just started using AC live and a zero lines card but one oddity I've noticed is although the recorded contours are visible on the unit, when you scroll with the cursor a distance away from your actual location, the recorded contours no longer appear.

For example, if you've recorded a mile worth of a contour, it's visible where you're presently sitting and when you zoom out all is good as well, but when you slew the cursor a quarter mile or so back over an area you've already covered, the contours don't appear. Now if you physically drive the boat to that same area mentioned a quarter mile away, then the contours are there.

Thanks,
    Scott
    The maps are created in blocks, when you move from one block to another, you have wait for the map to redraw the next block.

This screen shot shows the block edges on the top, left side, and bottom. You have to move to the next one to see the other part of the map.

Same lake, different block that has blocks on all four sides with data:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    I uploaded all my maps I made to Autochart Live Share now my zerolines card is locked and all my maps are gone and I cant upload them back to my unit..Last time I will share maps..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jfed72 View Post
    I uploaded all my maps I made to Autochart Live Share now my zerolines card is locked and all my maps are gone and I cant upload them back to my unit..Last time I will share maps..LOL
    Have you done LiveShare before?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    That was the first time I tried LiveShare. I was able to do everything but re upload information back onto the card then my card ended up locking. Not sure what I did. It seemed pretty straight forward. Sorry for hijacking this thread. I can start a new one.

That was the first time I tried LiveShare. I was able to do everything but re upload information back onto the card then my card ended up locking. Not sure what I did. It seemed pretty straight forward. Sorry for hijacking this thread. I can start a new one.
    To load the LiveShare data back to the Zero Line Card, you download the ZIP file to your computer and then copy the ZIP file to the card. When you put the card in the unit, it unzips the file and creates the shared map folder in its place (ACSOCIAL). The ZIP file is eliminated.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Do i need to have the ZL card unlocked first before it will work again? Thanks for help with this its much appreciated

Do i need to have the ZL card unlocked first before it will work again? Thanks for help with this its much appreciated
    Yes the card lock has to be unlocked for any data to be written to it. You lock it if you don't want tp put any data on it.
    No different than any other memory card or adapter with the lock on the edge of the card.
    It's called Write Protect

I don't lock my Zero Line Card at any point.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I didnt know about the lock on the side. So I moved it. Put it back in the graph and it still says locked..Then tried to move some files and it tells me that the disk is "write protected" Remove the write protection? Does that make sense.
    Last edited by jfed72; 06-20-2019 at 06:05 PM.

I didnt know about the lock on the side. So I moved it. Put it back in the graph and it still says locked..Then tried to move some files and it tells me that the disk is "write protected" Remove the write protection? Does that make sense.

Yes, slide the lock all the way towards the contacts end of the card.
    If you are careless inserting the card, you can move it accidently partially or all the way to the locked position.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL