2004 vmax 0x66 200 hp no water pressure

I have ZERO water pressure reading on my 04 ox66 motor. The original water pressure gauge was pegged out (evidently frozen water issue) so i changed it out. I can blow air from the motor to the new gauge so that's not a problem. I have good stream of water from the pee hole. There are no alarms to speak of. Motor seems to run fine, but not knowing the water pressure is driving me crazy. Any tips to what I can look at? Poppet valve, clogged screens, etc...

Thanks
    Scottie

2. Member
    If it failed from being frozen, it could have split the line somewhere. That would cause a leak and not let the gauge read the pressure.

3. Member
    Try to blow on the line with it hooked to the gauge and see if it builds up pressure? If not, then I agree it has a busted line.

4. Member
    Did you ever fix this? Also, where does the water line go to from the water gauge if you don’t mind telling me. My water line was cut by the PO right at the Gauge. I’d have to get a new hose to run it to the gauge. Please lmk. Thanks.

5. Member
    If you mean shows no pressure at idle, that's normal for 0x-66. Analogue gauges don't normally show any pressure under 3-4 lbs, which is all the ox-66 puts out until the rpm's pick up above idle. Yamahas work on water volume more than pressure.

6. Member
    speaking of water pressure gauges, is water supposed to go through the hose all the way up to the gauge? Does it need to be bled somehow if installing a whole new hose and gauge?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

7. Member
    No, water is not supposed to get that far. That means there's an air leak where the hose meets gauge (most likely) or in the gauge itself. Blow out the hose, put some sealant around the hose barb, NOT near the opening, push the hose on and clamp it really tight.