Quick Gaston report

Went down for a long weekend but was shortened due to boat issues but managed a few fish. First of all the water was straight up chocolate milk all the down to poplar for Thursday and Friday then was slowly clearing up in the main lake but great creek and poplar were nasty still on Sunday. Most of my fish were caught on main lake grass using a swim jig, and my brother caught a few in the backs of creek coves on a spinner bait. A couple were caught on a shakey head, drop shot, and jerkbait. My best fish was 4lbs 11 oz (a hoss in my book) was on a swim jig, and my nephew caught a 3lb 11oz (hoss) on a swim jig. He also caught one on a frog that was close to 3lbs. So all in all not a bad time but a lot of the fish were in that 12-14" range.

I also spent some time with the family on the pontoon riding around enjoying the beautiful weather over the weekend. Love the lake!!! Great people and great times!!!

So as far as the boat troubles go, my trim unit went out and on the way home broke a cord in a tire (luckily caught it before it exploded) and have got 2 hubs leaking (vault system). So please start a go fund me page I am going to need it.

Just an FYI my buddy got a ticket for a wake in Great creek. He was going less than 6 mph so please be careful.

Happy fishing!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    Thanks for the report Roger. Going down this weekend and was just going to ask about water. 4lbs 11 oz is a STUD at Gaston as far as I am concerned.

Rangers like to sit I Americamp marina ( they actually pull into my boat slip some) and watch boats come into the no wake zone. One told me that people try to push it as far as they can in there... Also said idle speed, not what you think you can get away with... his words..lol

Hoping to catch a few this weekend
    Semper Fi

3. Member
    Sorry for your boat issues..You know the old saying Break Out Another Thousand!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Sorry for your boat issues..You know the old saying Break Out Another Thousand!
    Yes... I know... But.... This whole deal went for over 2k.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758