I am doing a trailer redo on puma and suggesstions??

Well to make this short I got 2 hubs leaking, 3 out of the 4 tires are being ate off on the inside after a new set was put on just over a year ago. I have been having to retighten the trailing arms every trip for the last year or so etc. I am just disappointed that a 2012 trailer needs all this and the trailer was not even used the first 2 years of its life. So I have ordered 2 new axles and all 4 hub ends complete. This looks like a fairly simple job, but would like some imput from anyone that has done this. Here are some of the questions I have.

Looks like just 2 bolts on each side of the axle to remove entire axle am I correct?
    Are the brake lines going to be a pain? I have not replaced brake lines in a long time and the older vehicles were notorious for braking.
    I want to keep 2 old hub ends for spares to carry with me on longer trips. How hard and is worth rebuilding the hubs (vault system)?
    Would anyone be interested in the other 2 hubs I take off?

Thank guys!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

When you drop the idlers use dial calipers and measure the round of the shaft and hole on the idler. We think you will find those are oblong from wear and impacts. These loosening is a key to that and also torque them to 150 PSI. We also wonder if thin shims could be build around the splined shafts and used as filler. The constant need to tighten them should be easily noticed in tire wear.

Vault hubs rebuild by similar methods and the grease is injected after assembly.

We were never satisfied with torsion axles ourselves and the good spring axles went south with Chinese companies crushing domestic production. When SteelCraft exported the tooling and machines we had little options. There has to be a better system, though it hasn’t been made yet.

BCB

3. Banned
    Sounds like to me it was just stated that the trailers are being made with inferior parts. Maybe time to not look to venders but build in house?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    When you drop the idlers use dial calipers and measure the round of the shaft and hole on the idler. We think you will find those are oblong from wear and impacts. These loosening is a key to that and also torque them to 150 PSI. We also wonder if thin shims could be build around the splined shafts and used as filler. The constant need to tighten them should be easily noticed in tire wear.

Vault hubs rebuild by similar methods and the grease is injected after assembly.

We were never satisfied with torsion axles ourselves and the good spring axles went south with Chinese companies crushing domestic production. When SteelCraft exported the tooling and machines we had little options. There has to be a better system, though it hasn’t been made yet.

BCB
    Could you elaborate on the vault hubs? Are they rebuildable? Do you sell a rebuild kit? Do I have to buy a complete end unit?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Could you elaborate on the vault hubs? Are they rebuildable? Do you sell a rebuild kit? Do I have to buy a complete end unit?
    YouTube has some vids. My buddies Triton has them from the factory and was trying to figure them out lol.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    YouTube has some vids. My buddies Triton has them from the factory and was trying to figure them out lol.

Thanks I will check them out
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Same with my 2015 trailer. Getting ready to put on 3rd set of tires(single axle trailer) have already replaced both hubs that failed and a broken axle. But hey, it's our fault that we drive it 7 miles round trip to fish 2-3 times a week. That was last year. Now it sits most of the time because it's frustrating worrying when the trailer is going to breakdown again. Eventually we are going to get an axle for heavier applications as this one is not reliable.

8. Member
    So BCB says that they don't like the torsion axles that they put on their own trailers? Doesn't give me much confidence in my 2017 trailer going forward :(

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    So BCB says that they don't like the torsion axles that they put on their own trailers? Doesn't give me much confidence in my 2017 trailer going forward :(
    That statement really gave me confidence in the longevity of my 2019 trailer also...not
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496