Thread: Trim switch

Trim switch

The trim switch at the bow doesn't work. Replaced the switch, still not working. Tried a jumper wire but still motor doesn't move. Any suggestions? Have power to the switch which led me to a bad switch. anybody know where the ground is?

2. Member
    I was under that plate to fix my front running light. I don't really remember how the power tilt and trim was wired.. However at first I could not find anything wrong with the front running light. Then I pulled up on the wires a little. There was a loose connection. Just looking it was fine. However when I moved wires I found it you might want to check that. Like I said though I'm not sure if that switch is first wire or part of another group of wires.

3. Member
    Mine has a red double female wire/connector with a blue wire and a green wire on the connector at either side of the switch. The switch directs positive voltage to the motor relay. There is no “ground” present at the bow of the boat with regards to the tilt/trim. If you test the red wire, and voltage is present at the switch, then test the switch for continuity while pressing either up or down. If it passes voltage, the switch is ok. Also, the main power has to be on for the bow tilt/trim to work. The motor and blinker trim is always powered on my TZX.

Hope I helped and didn’t make it more confusing.

4. Moderator
    Thanks for the replies. Will try another switch.