Brake line question

2009 Sabre/single axle trailer, was doing some maintenance, noticed the left side brake line hose has a rub mark on it, (looks like it is well thru first two layers of the rubber hose). This hose is only about 12" long. Some of the literature reference KIA (Sephia), brakes. BCB said they do not sell replacements. Anyone ever replace this? I wish I had a part#, but I guess the only option is a two stage, take it off, and go to hydraulic shop and hope they can make one up? Leaving 27th for 600 mile to Canada hike. It's always something
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    a good hose shop can make one from metal parts that you have or take flex hose to a good car parts store and match it up
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    2009 Sabre/single axle trailer, was doing some maintenance, noticed the left side brake line hose has a rub mark on it, (looks like it is well thru first two layers of the rubber hose). This hose is only about 12" long. Some of the literature reference KIA (Sephia), brakes. BCB said they do not sell replacements. Anyone ever replace this? I wish I had a part#, but I guess the only option is a two stage, take it off, and go to hydraulic shop and hope they can make one up? Leaving 27th for 600 mile to Canada hike. It's always something
    You have a photo of it, I had to replace a hose on my 08 Sabre trailer due a bolt backing out of the caliper and ruined the wheel? I bought it from Bass Cat. I'd say it's 16"-18" long, threaded on both ends. I bought an extra one and still have one. I say I bought it from Bass Cat, I also bought a rotor and caliper from a local trailer store that sold the exact rotor and caliper but think the hose I have came from Bass Cat. I know I ordered two hoses from them.

4. Member
    Napa might be able to make one, or any full service brake shop.

5. Banned
    If it is just a exterior rub mark without a complete rub through , secure the hose. If the exterior has been rubbed off of the hose exposing the braided portion of the hose, replace.

I think I have an extra, I got it out the trailer shop in Slidell, LA. Online.