Fortrex issue... do you think it’s fixed

I have a new fortrex 112, only 15 hours on the boat and not many more on the troller. Anyway I thought I had some line or moss in my prop so I went to remove it for the first time. 1/2 turn and galled tight, very tight. I sprayed oil and worked and worked it and when it did come free the threads were badly damaged. I used a thread chaser and ran it several times until clean but the back 1 or 2 are almost gone. Put my new nut on and it snugged but didn’t lock down. Took it back off, added a 2nd washer and it tightened up good. I know I don’t want to leave it forever but is there any reason it wouldn’t last the year?

2. Member
    If there was ever a case to see if you could get a free warranty repair, this sounds like it. You need an armature. You might lose your prop and a day's fishing if the nut falls off.

3. Member
    Since the motor has been used and you didn't take it in when you couldn't get the nut off, and have chased the threads, warranty is probably not on the table. As for lasting, look in the nut and if you don't have full threads to the end of the nut, it's not going to work long. A new armature is needed.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    If I have to pay for an armature that’s okay by me but is it something I can do or is there some specialized tools involved. I do have good full threads on the outer end but the inside 2/3 are nearly gone. I have it torqued over pretty good right now. I’ll be getting the armature replaced but hoping it lasts the season

5. Member
    No special tools involved. Hardest part is keeping the brushes from unloading when removal and reloading brushes. If you request it, we send instructions if you order the armature from us. We keep it in stock
    John
    870 773 3474
    Talk to Taylor if I'm not around
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Sent a pm. I’ll probably try and change it out myself.

7. Member
    Received new armature in just 2 days. Install was very easy but what is normal amount of play in and out of the prop. I’d say there’s 1/16-1/8” of play there. The prop doesn’t hit the housing but just making sure

8. Member
    Did you transfer the thrust washers from the old armature to the new? It does have same slack front to back. I never measured it to see what it is.

9. Member
    Yes moved all the components over and just the checked it all. I measured and it has 1/16 inch of play in it almost exactly.