Does anyone know ?

With the high water we are having this year it might be hard to fit my 10 foot power poles under some of my sneaky hole bridges. I don't have the money for tilt brackets and lowering the poles won't work either because then the poles would be in the ground , due to water still not deep enough. I was thinking about loosening the bolts to the spike on the water pulling the spike out , then lowering the poles to go under the bridge. My question is do I need to take the bolts all the way out or can I just loosen them then pull the spike out ?Does the spike have holes for the bolt to go through ? I don't want to take the bolts out due to possibly dropping them in the water.

2. Member
    I seem to remember that the spikes on mine had a slot that the bolt went into so would have to take bolts out. I will look at the take offs when I get home. I have the Signature Series poles and don't remember how difficult the spikes were to remove but don't think I would do it on water.

Why not just leave the spikes at home
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    Why not just leave the spikes at home
    Because he still wants to use them throughout the day
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

i have 10' blades and im pretty sure if my boat floats a foot up they get as low as my mercury without touching bottom , wouldnt want to make the boat list side to side though? if you made it before they must still make it is what im getting at
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I agree if you lower to just cowl height should be able to traverse the shallows and get where you need to be.

6. Member
    I will give it a try. ty

I go through a place where the 10' blades are just above the cowl and they just barely drag the bottom.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    I go through a place where the 10' blades are just above the cowl and they just barely drag the bottom.
    good too know ! thank you