Help with HDS setup

I recently bought the boat it has a HDS 10 Gen 2 button on the bow and a HDS 9 Gen 3 touch on the console. They are currently running off of a LSS-1 off the transom without a box. So I just ordered a new totalscan ducer. These graphs are linked with eithrnet cables. So my question is what is gonna be the best setup for bass fishing from shore to about 30ft. These 2 units aren't exactly compatible but I can share the info from the newer 9 to the older 10 thru eithrnet but this limits me from reading from the front of the boat when on the trolling motor I'm kinda behind once I see what's on the screen should I use another ducer on my trolling motor for the 10 I'll be using alot of sidescan fishing alot of points but banks as well. How would you guys prefer these fishing these conditions

2. Member
    You don't have any transducer on the trolling motor now? I run pretty much the same setup, but with a NMEA network and 2d transducer on the trolling motor.

3. Member
    Ben danblueume I do have I think exactly what you mention they have NEMA cables connecting each other and I believe a 2d on my trolling motor it's just a standard looking small ducer on a clamp

4. Member
    Here's something funny to me perhaps it's because it's built into the Gen 3 but the single lss-1 ducer will show structure and the boat has no module in it. I'm considering mounting the lss-1 on the trolling motor for the Gen 2 and running the total scan on the Gen 3 I believe I'd be happy with just downscan on the bow 10 Gen 2 and having the rest on my Gen 3 at the console. To get downscan on the Gen 2 would I have to have a module

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleman79 View Post
    Here's something funny to me perhaps it's because it's built into the Gen 3 but the single lss-1 ducer will show structure and the boat has no module in it. I'm considering mounting the lss-1 on the trolling motor for the Gen 2 and running the total scan on the Gen 3 I believe I'd be happy with just downscan on the bow 10 Gen 2 and having the rest on my Gen 3 at the console. To get downscan on the Gen 2 would I have to have a module
    The gen 2 needs the box for si/di, so yes the box is needed. You can view the images from the rear LSS on the bow unit if that helps. I generally just use si/di for scanning the area to verify baitfish etc, then use the 2d when fishing what I find.

6. Member
    Ok I appreciate the help