Thread: Hotfoot set up?

Hotfoot set up?

Anyone else have their Hotfoot binding up and causing it to stick open about 1/4 throttle when you let off? I just called the factory and a tech asked me to try to reposition cable and lube with a Mercury lube. Haven't tried it yet but I took the hotfoot out earlier and disconnected the cable and both Hotfoot and cable operated smoothly when apart. Its when I put the cable back on the hotfoot and screw the hotfoot to the floor that binding starts again. Hotfoot will not return fully on its own, I have to pull up with my toe to get it back to idle. It really sticks about 3/4s of the way back. Cable has a pretty severe loop in the design when it bends 180 degrees back to the Hotfoot. Any of you guys have a real fix or even experienced this?
    Last edited by fuelleak; 06-17-2019 at 05:09 PM.

2. Member
    It happens on mine as well. It is the cable routing with the TH hotfoot. I am not sure there is a perfect solution. Lubrication seems to help a bit.

Does the Hotfoot bind or get stiff without the cable attached when it is bolted down?

4. Member
    Love having the G2...dont hafta worry about this :)
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Does the Hotfoot bind or get stiff without the cable attached when it is bolted down?
    Dunno? I haven't bolted it down without first attaching the cable. Why? You think the Hotfoot housing is getting twisted?

6. Member
    Not sure what I did but took hotfoot out again, disconnected the cable, sprayed a bit of lube on the cable, futzed around with the cable routing, put it all back together, bolted it down and its as smooth as butter.