Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post

That's weak.

Dale Sinclair original

2. Banned
    actually, after watching that video several times, I don't think he is over trimmed at all. Looks about right to me, for an 85+mph boat!

That hull in the air is creating drag...he’ll be faster with a more level attitude. Paul Nichols is who I take driving pointers from. He’s only the baddest driver of Bullets there has ever been.

4. Member
    I don't think that boat is over trimmed at all. My 21XD runs it's top speed trimmed all the way up.

5. Banned
    Shouldnt there be a little more hull touching surface to be safe? Looks totally nuts to me. Too close to chine walking territory.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Shouldnt there be a little more hull touching surface to be safe? Looks totally nuts to me. Too close to chine walking territory.
    Lol

That's why you have to learn to drive them. Less hull in the water = less drag.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    That's why you have to learn to drive them. Less hull in the water = less drag.
    = fast... Dan

9. Member

It takes a LOT of skill to balance on the pad. I've drove several of those go fast hulls. I know my limit, normally mid 80's. It's been a few years, so it has likely dropped from when I was in them all the time. They are insanely fun and the adrenaline rush is real. The danger the speed presents is also real! Things can happen REAL fast on the water!!

Back when I had my Cougar/225 and Bullett3119 had his old XD with a 225 we strolled down Lake Guntersville with our wives in the boat with me at WOT and him darn near close enough to reach out and touch my boat. Neither one of us would have dared do that if either of us had not trusted each others skills and judgement. We ran in the mid 70 for miles like that. We both had 225's, his Bullet would ease off from me when ever he wanted. My Cougar was more like a Caddy inside, no chine walk at all at those speeds. Everything changed when he got his XRS. It rode like a dream! It was every bit as comfortable to fish out of as any bass boat on the market. The rough water ride was unbelievable. I drove it with a 300 on the tail...goot lawd would that thing run!! I could handle it fine too around 85 MPH. Past that it would get loose with me at the wheel. He could take it all the way to the limit and it was rock steady. Driving one of those boats is a skill!
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 06-18-2019 at 10:16 AM.

10. Banned
    That's why you have to learn to drive them. Less hull in the water = less safe.
    FIFY!

11. Banned
    Friend of mine has a Blazer that will run 85. We ran on Guntersville at about 80, and he had the nose down. Ran smooth, and turned/maneuvered perfect. So I dont get the whole "hull out of the water" thing.

12. Banned
    That's why you have to learn to drive them. Less hull in the water = less safe.
    FIFY!
    Yeah, we hear about guys with Bullets having accidents all the time... Dan

13. Member
    Friend of mine has a Blazer that will run 85. We ran on Guntersville at about 80, and he had the nose down. Ran smooth, and turned/maneuvered perfect. So I dont get the whole "hull out of the water" thing.
    Just because the nose looked like it was down, the hull, minus the pad wasn't in the water running 80-85 MPH. You have to balance out aero/hydro dynamics to get the speed.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Yeah, we hear about guys with Bullets having accidents all the time... Dan
    Couldnt tell you, as he is the only one I know that has one, and never had an accident.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Just because the nose looked like it was down, the hull, minus the pad wasn't in the water running 80-85 MPH. You have to balance out aero/hydro dynamics to get the speed.
    It wasnt up like in the picture and the video, thats for sure.

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I wish I could find the picture of Largemouth Lou's Bullet getting aired out at the Santee Rally in '04, he was bumping 104 coming across the point at Short Stay. That was before the Stroker.

17. Member
    It wasnt up like in the picture and the video, thats for sure.

One of the best, 100 MPH. There is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE difference in 80 and 100 Mph on the water in a bass boat. Note the bow isn't in the air on this Triton. You can tell he is balancing on the pad.

18. Member
    Thomas is driving the boat exactly as it should be to get his fastest speed. For the armchair Quarterbacks posting, the fastest Fishing loaded Bullets are right here on the St JOHNS and we all all work together and several of the boats have been featured by Bullet.
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post

One of the best, 100 MPH. There is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE difference in 80 and 100 Mph on the water in a bass boat. Note the bow isn't in the air on this Triton. You can tell he is balancing on the pad.
    I have mad respect for the size of anyone's jewels running a bass boat that fast, but also seriously question their judgement doing it in a canal that narrow. Something goes wrong and he is flying over land with a predictable ending.
    2014 920/SHO

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That looks like the canal connecting Kissimmee to Hatchineha and its not really that narrow. During the week there aren’t many people depending on what time of day you’re there. I used to try to hit the bridge with my rooster tail when I was a kid..I never got there but the cool boats with the 200+ could!

i just love the sound of those outboards being wound up!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast