Thread: Tickfaw river

Tickfaw river

Here in a couple weeks, we are having our annual father daughter bass tournament, which is just my father in law and my wife on his boat and myself and our daughter on mine. A bragging right thing. Anyways, this year is his turn to pick the place and he went with the tickfaw. I know back in the day a lot of fish where caught there. I have went once and caught one dink. any suggestions on spots, baits, etc? Thanks in advance.
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

2. Member
    I haven’t fish that area in years. Mainly because Tickfaw has big boats that run up and down the river. If I were you I’d go down to the mouth of the Amite by Carthage Bluff area just before the landing opposite of the landing start fishing the old pull runs and the tress along the bank going into Amite use to catch a few in there.. white humdinger, lurker lure..shallow crank bait shad crawfish chartreuse. Red shad worm. You’ll catch some.

3. Member
    Roger, I will put that as one of my stops, thanks brother. I am same i as you, Tickfaw is for joy riding boats it seems.
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

4. Member
    I fish upper tickfaw

south and north of the interstate

i catch some goid spots and largemouth up there

bandit 200 series
    s
    Smokey joe and parrot