Illimuniated Switches not Illuminating

Hi all,

Have an 1850 LS, it has the round, pushbutton switches on the switch panel. They are supposed to illuminate as Red when on.
    My Bilge pump switch will turn the Bilge Pump on, and if I keep it pressed, will light, but when I release it to its On position (pump still running, the indicator light goes out)
    Similar problems persist on a couple of the other switches (Nav Lights and Bait Well).
    My gut says switches are bad, but what would cause them to go bad...maybe just need a cleaning?
    Anyone else experience this?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

I have a 17' Z185 with the same issue. I emailed Ranger and they've sent replacements -- definitely a warranty related matter for me.

3. Member
    I better call them today, think warranty is up real soon!

4. Member
    Mine also on a Z185

5. Member
    Kind of disappointing...can't believe these switches can't last longer than a couple years. Feels to me like a bad design or something, as they work, and they illimunate if you hold them pressed in, or sometimes if you jiggle them just right...Was thinking maybe there was some contact corrosion that i could shake loose by operating them a few times, but no dice.

Haven't heard back from Ranger just yet, left a voicemail for warranty department yesterday, Else, the parts are $17.23 each to replace...was looking at them a bit closer, they seem to be open to the elements in the back, just feels like a bad design..

6. Member
    New parts on the way!

7. Member
    Well, new parts arrived. Appears to be a redesigned switch, has the 3/8" connectors vs the 1/4" that were on the old one. Seems to have a more positive "click." Down side is the rubber boot is a different diameter than the old ones, so they look different than my other switches now. Tried moving the old boot over to the new switch, but design is different enough that this doesn't work. So, got 2 smaller diameter switches and 9 larger ones now...

Also, had to squeeze the female spade connectors on the boat wiring with the pliers to get them to be snug on the 3/8" to 1/4" adapters...

I guess its fixed, but kind of throws off the "Ranger Fit and Finish..." a bit.