what finish for hyd jack plate ?

The boat is gun metal with galaxy red stripes, would you go with black or leave the natural metal finish ? The power pole brackets are black and the poles are red, just curious to what you guys think, right now a black plate is what is ordered.

2. Member
    Black or red would look great, even black cherry, it's black with a little red flake in it

3. Banned
    Black... Dan

4. Member
    Any color powder coat will be better than natural. Bare aluminum is a pita to keep up.
    XRS/250 ProXS

I’d do black then get you matched top, bottom plate and washers.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Looks like I will leave it black, what is the top and bottom plate mentioned ? It is a 14 inch Atlas Hyd .

7. Banned
    Here's Chris Bailey's facebook page. Just scroll down and you'll see the plates he makes for the top and bottoms of jack plates... Dan

https://www.facebook.com/customboatparts/

8. Member
    I have a Atlas hydraulic in natural finish , I have it looking like chrome it's polished good ... not liking it tho it gets tarnished a little when it gets wet , I rather have a powder coated plate my OCD makes me get out the mothers when I see tarnish already have sore fingers from the Harley chrome .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    I have a Atlas hydraulic in natural finish , I have it looking like chrome it's polished good ... not liking it tho it gets tarnished a little when it gets wet , I rather have a powder coated plate my OCD makes me get out the mothers when I see tarnish already have sore fingers from the Harley chrome .
    Do they make a top plate for the Atlas 14 inch ? I maybe would want a red one, would go good with the red on the Mercury and the power poles.

Contact Chris. I’m sure he can fix you up.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com