Pro xs 115 4s Service

What does everyone do each year? Will be my 3rd service on engine ( did 1st at 20hrs, 2nd at 80 hours, Now at 150hrs). Boat will be headed down to our place at lake for summer, want to do it now. Have had dealer do the first 2.

Going to change oil&filter, gear oil and lube prop shaft and grease fittings. Had fuel filter done at last service ( plan to do every other year) .

What else?

2017 Pro Xs 115 4s C/T

Thanks
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    I plan on doing the water pump impeller on my 2017 this year in addition to the things you have listed. So far all I've done is the annual lube changes (after the first one) myself using the Mercury kits I buy from the dealer. I'll likely just take mine to the dealer to get the three year service done. I need to get my trim pump changed out since it's leaked down static since the day I got it. The trim pump isn't a big deal to me. It works fine on the water. I stick a board in between the plates when its in the garage.

3. Banned
    gear lube & oil once a season, water pump impeller & fuel filter every 3 years.

Replace the Impeller at least ever 3 years for warranty purposes. If you operate in silty, sandy shallow water it probably should be replaced more often.

5. Member
    Book says no oil change required for 100 hrs is there a reason no one follows that just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by James 10 View Post
    Book says no oil change required for 100 hrs is there a reason no one follows that just wondering?
    Not sure what book or manufacturer you are referring to. Mercury schedule specifically says ever 100 hours or one year, which ever comes first

http://powersourcemarine.com/mercury..._schedule.html

7. Member
    Which oil is everyone using? 10w30 or 25w40?
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    I run 25w40.

9. Member
    25-40 is the kits I’ve bought.

10. Member
    Would it matter as far as the warranty goes if you serviced it yourself instead at the dealer mine is almost a year old and need to get it serviced (oil change)

No problem servicing it yourself. Just keep receipts and document when you do it. Have those available if you ever get asked related to warranty claims.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    No problem servicing it yourself. Just keep receipts and document when you do it. Have those available if you ever get asked related to warranty claims.
    Thank you

13. Member
    Take off the engine cowl, there is a maintenance sticker on the block that clearly states 10w-30.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    What does everyone do each year? Will be my 3rd service on engine ( did 1st at 20hrs, 2nd at 80 hours, Now at 150hrs). Boat will be headed down to our place at lake for summer, want to do it now. Have had dealer do the first 2.

Going to change oil&filter, gear oil and lube prop shaft and grease fittings. Had fuel filter done at last service ( plan to do every other year) .

What else?

2017 Pro Xs 115 4s C/T

Thanks
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewerdude View Post
    Take off the engine cowl, there is a maintenance sticker on the block that clearly states 10w-30.
    That doesn’t mean you can’t use other Don at European says either is fine! I run the 25-40!
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115