Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Trying being a waterfowl guide and then giving the clients guns.... I could talk for hours.

Best one was picking up clients sitting on a case of beer at 4:30am wearing orange floatation suits... "hey can birds see colour"......

2. Member
    Had a friend who guided on Fork. Talked about people who can't even cast but have expectations of catching fish all day (big ones) and are seriously disappointed when they don't.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Trying being a waterfowl guide and then giving the clients guns.... I could talk for hours.

Best one was picking up clients sitting on a case of beer at 4:30am wearing orange floatation suits... "hey can birds see colour"......

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    My scenario:

Grandpa books a trip cause his grandson want to be a pro fisherman. On the phone you get the impression the kid is mid/late teens. They show up and kid is 9 and totally, off the chain wild. Grandpa is fine to sit on back deck and let you baby sit the kid, while gramps chain smokes and keeps popping a string of cold beers. Kid is wild with casts and snags. The minute you take rod to fix it, he is off to push/twist every switch on your dash and play bouncy house on your seats. Beer gives gramps the constant runs and has to hit the bushes 4 times before noon. 4th time he come back and has basically pooped all down the side and back of his pants. Kid has spilled his gatoraid on your passenger seat and floor. Gramps calls it a day and you head back. He doesn't think he should have to pay since day was cut short and the kid didn't catch fish. After taking $100 from him and leaving in disgust, you now have to clean the boat from both accidents. That when you find burns in carpet and tear in seat from gramps 50 keys on his side...

They went out for lunch after the fishing trip...

Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Smokes??
    Beer??

Grandpa would be sitting on the dock smoking and drinking.
    ^ Yup. I did some guiding for several years, mostly on weekends to make a few extra bucks. Rule #1 that was one of the first things mentioned in a conversation with a future client, was ZERO alcohol in the boat. If they can’t go a few hours without a drink, I don’t want to be stuck in a boat with them, no matter what they want to pay.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

Quote Originally Posted by Goonst View Post
    Had a friend who guided on Fork. Talked about people who can't even cast but have expectations of catching fish all day (big ones) and are seriously disappointed when they don't.
    That is a PITA, guy on the phone says he’s been fishing for years and can work a baitcaster like a pro, then once your on the water they can’t even hold a rod properly, never mind cast it. That’s when the trolling rods come out and we catch a bunch of lake trout or pike.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12