RT 188 Loc-R-Bar

Has anyone installed a Loc-R-Bar on a Ranger Aluminum. Would like to see install pics if there are any out there.

2. Member
    I have, no pics. But someone else here has too and mine is done pretty much the same. Think it was Bill Reynolds?
    Semper Fi

This is the way I installed mine. I got the idea from another member and copied his bracket design. The bracket is made from 1 1/2 inch aluminum angle. It is necessary to pop rivet it to the deck since you do not have access underneath. The center rivet is under the bar to hopefully make it more difficult to remove by a potential thief.
    I actually installed one on a previous 188 hull in the gunnel but discovered that the distance to the deck was so great that it allowed the rod box to be partially opened with the bar installed.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Bill, did you make that yourself? If so, what would you charge to make a few more?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4 View Post
    Bill, did you make that yourself? If so, what would you charge to make a few more?
    I found a piece of 1 1/2 aluminum angle long enough to make a pair of brackets so I will make you a set. Timing may be an issue. I have a lot going on at the moment but should have them finished by Monday. I wouldn’t think of charging you so The only cost will be the shipping cost ( shouldn’t be much). Let me know if you want me to proceed.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Bill, You are too kind! I PM'd you.