Thread: Lake Miocqua

Lake Miocqua

Taking the boat, and heading to Minocqua the weekend of the 27th. What kind of water can I expect to fish? Is the lake grassy, rocky, or sandy? Largemouth or smallies?

2. Member
    Minocqua is mainly weedy/Milfoil with patches of other weeds in spots. There area few rocky/sandy areas. There are lots and lots of docks. I would say it is more largemouth but you can find good smallies. Lake Tomahawk is connected by channel and that is mainly all rocky/sandy with a few weedy bays. It is more smallmouth.

With a slow start to spring the weed growth is still a little behind right now on Minocqua.
    2003 Ranger 195 DVS - 2003 200 hp EFI Mercury - (3) Humminbird 898's - Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    Find another lake in the area to fish

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyeska View Post
    Find another lake in the area to fish
    No no no no....stay on Lake Minocqua. Other lakes in the area offer nothing, and, if your'e from Illinois, you'll need special permits to get on other lakes.

5. Member
    The flowage is about 40 minutes from Minocqua. I'm heading up the week before you. This will be first time fishing it for me. I can report back how it is.

6. Member
    Thanks

7. Member
    Anymore advice?

8. Member
    Unfortunately the truck went straight to the shop once we got up here. Hitting Trude lake up tomorrow. Will let you know how it fishes.

9. Member
    Did pretty well on Minocqua and the other lake to the west of it. However, boat troubles are pushing us home early

Hate to hear about truck and boat trouble during a vacation. Glad you got some quality fishing in.