Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    that's a typical day on the ocean. Nothing better than having people run by, mark your spots, take off and then the next weekend they are fishing that very spot. Oh well, at least we are out on the water.

2. Member
    I would have been fishing that rocky bank in that creek where you caught that drum , instead of the side you were fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    Astyle954 none taken. I just don’t understand why people cut in on others like this. Maybe its because I live in Indiana and all of our lakes are small. Tight lines to ya man!

I live in Indiana and I have people come in on me much closer than that. If you fish Patoka it happens all the time
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

4. Member
    Come on you have to get a rise out of the guy getting stuck on the sand bar. You know most of you would love this to happen to an angler who gets close to you even if you won't say it.

Yes I have had far worse and the two bad ones are tournament fishermen and pontoon fishermen. The average person like me fishing for fun usually gives tons of room.

I'm pretty easy going so it doesn't bother me. Though I have been known to drop the anchor blast the music and stretch out on the deck till they leave. For some reason my music irritates them and they soon move on.

Well the above is what I'm thinking but generally I keep fishing and if i have to I just go around them and even wave.

Would I have asked if they needed help? Yeah jerks or not I don't want anyone to be stranded, if they suffered a medical emergency and couldnt get to shore I would have a hard time with that.

People are people some like me would never think twice of cutting off or trying to fish in your boat. Others go by the creed it's public water and they can do what they want.

Thanks for sharing and I for one loved seeing them get stuck.

5. Member
    Yes sir, I have used a GoPro before. Many years ago I made a video of myself fishing but turns out it wasn't for me. Nothing against those who do. It would be a good way to critique ones casting form or to make sure the shoes match the jersey. To each is own.
    I think everyone knows how the MLF format works.
    I feel like I know what's going on here.
    Offense was taken. Even though I said NO offense. I guess that doesn't always work.
    Anyway. I'm sorry brother. VLOG on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    Astyle954 he was in our tourney and has done this multiple times to other guys. Its a MLF format with live on the water scoretracker. We all have to meet up after every period. He has also followed the guys on the top and fished their stuff or cut into the area they are catching fish. Guess if you have never fished an MLF style tourney you wouldn’t quite understand. Anyways he was close enough that my boat officail was ready to give him a peice of mind lol.... we only had 12 guys fishing for 4500 which is small money in the grand scheme of things. Not sure if you have ever ran a go pro but the objects are much closer than they appear from a distance. Had it been a random fisherman that would have been different or maybe even someone that wasn’t know to do this all the time I would of threw a rope out and went and helped instantly.
    You should have made this post sooner, would have cleared up a lot of things. If you're going to fish the ILF you're going to have to get over other guys fishing "your stuff" or coming in on you or you're going to cry yourself to sleep a lot.

7. Member
    FX 2011 he got off there while I was in that area. I would have help had he not.

8. Member
    Astyle954. Really no offense was taken I was just unsure if you had ever fished a MLF format tourney. Pretty dang fun actually.The main reason I am doing vlogs it to capture cool stuff on the water which I have done a bunch of. I have a video on my channel where I catch an 8.31 in IN and thats a giant here on public waters. I am no pro and don’t claim to be. I am going to try a Costa next season as a boater however. I also enjoy teaching others and kids what tips and tricks I do know. I have a couple videos on how to and what not. Everyone has their opinion and I respect that. Tight lines!!!

9. Member
    I considered doing vlogs but it was bad enough watching me not catch fish the first time.

10. Moderator
    This was headed downhill quickly, why you gotta post a funny reply???
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsbylander View Post
    I considered doing vlogs but it was bad enough watching me not catch fish the first time.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well I saw a drum, which is a saltwater fish in Florida so the answer is simple,,,wait for tide to come in!

Not sure I’d fish a tourney with this guy in it IF it’s a normal thing for him to cut people off; unless it’s a big tx.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Live in indiana, and up here that is giving you room. If I can't cast into their boat I don't notice anymore. If you are saying you could cast into their boat, then I'd of said something for sure. Probably as I was pulling him off the sandbar.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

13. Member
    Cubswin I agree. I would have helped him but he got off the sandbar on his own. I could have cast into his boat with my buzzbait which is what I was going to throw in that area. Wish we had bigger lakes here in Indiana. Tight lines man!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123