Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    basscat tyler. He got out after he about blew his motor up. He was in my tournament and has cut several guys off. I think he is about one cut off from being banned lol.

2. Member
    Astyle954 none taken. I assume you are not a tourney angler?

3. Member
    Astyle954 none taken. I just don’t understand why people cut in on others like this. Maybe its because I live in Indiana and all of our lakes are small. Tight lines to ya man!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    what does this have to do with anything? His statement pretty much is saying just because you’re in a bass boat or a tournament doesn’t give people special privileges.

Anywho, based on the video, I didn’t see much wrong other than the guy riding up on a sand bar. From an outsider perspective it looked like plenty of room. If you guys were racing to the same spot, he was probably thinking you were cutting him off. If he was just crossing paths then there’s that’s plenty of room.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Looked like plenty of room to me and if it were me I'd have asked if he needed help in getting off the sandbar.

6. Member
    That’s a douche move on his part. You were totally pointed up and headed to fish the direction of your boat. Etiquette around here dictates that you give the first guy on the spot plenty of room in front of him, like a couple hundred yards, not blow right over his fishing water at casting distance. If you want to fish the same area come in from behind, tourney fishing or not. Way to keep a cool head, would have been tough for me. Guy deserved the beaching.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

7. Member
    That was a total cut off move but I guess karma took care of him. I would have also helped him off but not to I was done fishing what I had intended to fish.

8. Member
    I tried to watch this but had to give up at the gas fill up.
    No offense but get to the story on these videos. I can't imagine anyone caring to watch a guy talk in his garage, fill up his boat, vidoe launching and parking.
    This is why I rarely click on videos.

ALL CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS, I SHOULD'VE KNOWN WHAT I WAS IN FOR BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK!!!!!! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!!!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    That’s a douche move on his part. You were totally pointed up and headed to fish the direction of your boat. Etiquette around here dictates that you give the first guy on the spot plenty of room in front of him, like a couple hundred yards, not blow right over his fishing water at casting distance. If you want to fish the same area come in from behind, tourney fishing or not. Way to keep a cool head, would have been tough for me. Guy deserved the beaching.
    This
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

Still want to know the brand of dip your using.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

12. Bob G's pool boy
    I think that he wasn’t able to see your jersey due to the low lighting on the lake. Had he been in your boat tent where you had your jersey on or at the gas station where you pumped your gas in your jersey while holding a selfie stick, he would have known the level of baller was dealing with.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    I tried to watch this but had to give up at the gas fill up.
    No offense but get to the story on these videos. I can't imagine anyone caring to watch a guy talk in his garage, fill up his boat, vidoe launching and parking.
    This is why I rarely click on videos.
    Exactly. And I think that’s why the earlier comment about getting over yourself came from. Not so much from the incident but the narcissistic video was just too much. Thank you YouTube for having the double tap skip 20 seconds feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Looked like plenty of room to me and if it were me I'd have asked if he needed help in getting off the sandbar.
    I would have also asked if he needed my help

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    That was a total cut off move but I guess karma took care of him.
    That's the way it looks to me as well.

The guy was a jackass for cutting you off! He deserved to get beached! The guy obviously just saw you heading to that spot and though he would just cut in front of you and take it. He had never fished that spot before or he would have known better and not beached his boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175. Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    I fish plenty of tournaments and have been cut off before. Sure its aggrevating but it's not the end of the day. You just mutter to yourself and carry on. I doubt it kept anyone from filling their livewells and didn't change the end result of the day.
    I think it is tacky enough for the pros to whine about it and especially for an AM.
    Maybe it was the all caps and exclamation marks. Who knows. That guy may may not be in the tournament or be aware that it was going on and seemed to be plenty far to me.

18. Member
    Astyle954 he was in our tourney and has done this multiple times to other guys. Its a MLF format with live on the water scoretracker. We all have to meet up after every period. He has also followed the guys on the top and fished their stuff or cut into the area they are catching fish. Guess if you have never fished an MLF style tourney you wouldn’t quite understand. Anyways he was close enough that my boat officail was ready to give him a peice of mind lol.... we only had 12 guys fishing for 4500 which is small money in the grand scheme of things. Not sure if you have ever ran a go pro but the objects are much closer than they appear from a distance. Had it been a random fisherman that would have been different or maybe even someone that wasn’t know to do this all the time I would of threw a rope out and went and helped instantly.
    Last edited by Mfbassin; 06-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post
    I think that he wasn’t able to see your jersey due to the low lighting on the lake. Had he been in your boat tent where you had your jersey on or at the gas station where you pumped your gas in your jersey while holding a selfie stick, he would have known the level of baller was dealing with.
    Thats funny stuff. Guess I am used to sharing water and being cut off on the local lakes I fish - worse things can happen. Have seen much worse, had you been fishing already and he dropped in front of you then I can see. But seems like you both got there about the same time. But I wasnt there, maybe he was trying to get a closer look at your jersey and GoPro's and thought you were a pro. Too bad seemed like a nice sand bar.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast