Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    If you tell me you want it, then I'll give you until you told me you'd pay me. If you tell me it will be tomorrow, then I'll hold it until then. But I give people the benefit of the doubt on fishing stuff. Pool cues it is first payment wins, because there are more tire kickers than you'd ever believe. Not to mention every scam under the sun, happens daily on the cue selling groups I belong to. We have a pretty extensive scammer list running. And even then no one expects a 2-3 hour resolution to a issue.

And at this point, as others have pointed out, seller has had plenty of time.
    I too give guys benefit of the doubt and will work through situations within reason. But, you know, Joe, there are A LOT of tire kickers on this board. There are also those who renege; those who offer ridiculous offers or trades; those who incessantly post, "Is this still for sale," and those who just go radio silent while brokering a deal. Case in point: a guy supposedly from Conway, Arkansas created an account on 4-29-19, and on the same day requested my PayPal address for an item i had for sale. I know this is the least shocking news of the day, but he has yet to respond, or send payment for that matter, and hasn't logged in since 4-29-19. I sure hope he is ok.

In spite of the minor hassles and headaches from time to time, I have met some great guys here who gave me great deals/service and I do my best to reciprocate.

2. Member
    Going to have a hard time getting insurance to cover it. Ups will want to see original packing, how it was packaged, material at both ends, and any bubble wrap. I just went through this with them. You shouldn’t have sent it back in my opinion. The local ups adjuster where you live will be the one wanting to look at it. I don’t think this ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Can be sticky for sure. Nothing a calm discussion couldnt solve. When I ship a rod I've sold it's in PVC pipe. Rod is wrapped in bubble wrap and the ends stuffed with towels to keep rod from sliding around.

On my end if someone took the same amount of care that I do in packaging I would not hold them accountable for damages. It's a crapshoot shipping stuff like this anymore. Sad but true.
    You are right, rod shipping is a crap shoot. One thing I will do when buying from an individual is ask them how they are going to pack it, I'll always ask for a PVC tube.

4. Member
    On the infrequent browsing of the rods, are there really that many good deals? Guys price pretty close to new it looks like. Granted I only buy mid-tier gear. If the margin is within $50ish, I’d go new all day long.

Unfortunate situation for buyer and seller. Seems both of them are right and wrong.

5. Member
    Happened to me with a sxs shotgun once. Box came to my FFL dealer with a hole in the end and after peeking inside with a flashlight there were no barrels. His insurance claim was denied by USPS because of packaging. He then had to appeal the denied claim and finally got reimbursed. He would not refund my money until he got paid. Took 4 months of my $2000 being tied up.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

6. Banned
    Did you get your refund OP? Any news?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Did you get your refund OP? Any news?
    No refund yet but I did start the Paypal process. Seller responded on there with waiting for claim but at least this way there's a deadline with Paypal to step in. Seller hasn't responded to my request for the label so I can get reimbursed by Paypal for my return shipping. I'm not going to hound him but it shows he has better things to do than deal as a seller. He was quick to respond when he had the rod for sale with pictures, answers and payment info. Once payment was sent is where it got a bit quiet. Sent payment on Sunday afternoon and he responded with will ship the rod out tomorrow with tracking. I didn't hear anything Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday, so I sent him a text Wednesday evening asking about it. Thursday morning I get a message stating he shipped it Weds with tracking number. Hard to tell for sure, but it looked like it was just the label that was printed on Weds and wasn't dropped off until that Thursday but whatever.

Either way, I'm putting it in Paypal's hand and not the seller since I'm lacking any confidence in him. So we shall see. Might go for that GLoomis NRX D822 instead from one of the vendors.

8. Member
    Broken rod. Shippers fault. UPS will say not packed properly.
    Dave

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    No refund yet but I did start the Paypal process. Seller responded on there with waiting for claim but at least this way there's a deadline with Paypal to step in. Seller hasn't responded to my request for the label so I can get reimbursed by Paypal for my return shipping. I'm not going to hound him but it shows he has better things to do than deal as a seller. He was quick to respond when he had the rod for sale with pictures, answers and payment info. Once payment was sent is where it got a bit quiet. Sent payment on Sunday afternoon and he responded with will ship the rod out tomorrow with tracking. I didn't hear anything Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday, so I sent him a text Wednesday evening asking about it. Thursday morning I get a message stating he shipped it Weds with tracking number. Hard to tell for sure, but it looked like it was just the label that was printed on Weds and wasn't dropped off until that Thursday but whatever.

Either way, I'm putting it in Paypal's hand and not the seller since I'm lacking any confidence in him. So we shall see. Might go for that GLoomis NRX D822 instead from one of the vendors.
    yes. i havent ordered a ton of rods...but enough to have had 2 or 3 issues with shipping. After the first one, I told myself Id never buy a used one or sell one myself unless handing it off physically to buyer. What really sucks is I think the shippers handle rod tubes/packages real rough for some reason. Not sure if its just more noticeable cuz Im on this and other forums reading the bad stuff...but I order a ton of stuff online and amazon specifically. and im sure the boxes get handled rough and thrown around....but ive rarely/never gotten boxes that are just totally beat op, cut in half, run over with tires, etc... I order online a TON. clothes, tackle, all kinds of stuff

Best thing I learned in this thread is the pool noodle thing, going to use that inside the pvc on the next cue I sell.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

11. Banned
    Bought a rod on here few years back. Heavy duty cardboard tube was bent when they handed it to me. You'd have to lean it against the wall and do a flying kick to bend them tubes but somehow they managed to. Took it home and sure enough rod was busted. Started the claim with USPS but quickly I realized what a pain in the azz that was going to be. Think I told the seller I'd split the loss with him but I'm pretty sure he just refunded me. My guess is he ate it instead of filling the claim. Our post Master told me their equipment is not setup for items that long.

Not true at all. I have sent rods wrapped in bubble wrap and packaged in PVC tubes with butt end of rod secured so tip cannot touch other end. Package showed up with tire marks where it had been run over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    If you package a rod correctly that will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    He Definitely needs to pay You > NOW.. You paid Him already. It might take 6 weeks. He is just being a D***. I hate guys who can't take the time or are trying to save $$ by poorly packing anything. I would stop the Paypal if he won't refund immediately. I would also like to know his name if he doesn't refund now. I would like to stay away from this Seller.. Did You Buy it Here ?? I would give him neutral ratings if I had to wait if its ebay After I get the $$.
    Totally agree.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratltrap View Post
    Most of the time once an item is sent through the system and you receive it broken you contact the seller and the seller starts the insurance claim on the item, you hold onto the item and hold onto the original packing material as your local UPS office will possibly want to inspect the package and the contents. You should not have sent the item back to the original seller as you have nothing now to support your claim. Usually pictures and filling out a short form is enough to get the ball rolling from UPS, it can take a few weeks and it is between the two of you if the seller should reimburse you immediately or wait until the claim is paid. Most of the time I will not reimburse my buyer on an insurance claim until the buyer has filled out and submitted the paperwork to the shipper, without the buyer's co-operation no one gets paid. Either party can actually start the claim, as a seller I would do it just to have better control over the situation.
    My thoughts too. I take pictures of boxes that look like they've been run over at least once a week, be it something I ordered or the wife ordered.
    Is it possible the seller didn't insure the item? If that's really how the buyer received it then it's obvious he didn't splurge on packaging so why waste money on insurance. Unless UPS did damage it and attempt to repackage it like that. Did the buyer insure it for its trip back? He could get some money out of them possible if he did.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234