Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bantam mgl pg. I use mine for 6xd and 8xd and it performs flawlessly

2. Member
    I really like my Calcutta 201DC. DC helps when that long bill catches the wind the wrong way. Supreme craftsmanship, smooth. IMHO round reels are badass, so if they fit the technique I will use them over a low profile that weighs less

3. Banned
    Shimano bantam in a 6:1 or the PG which is a 5:1 is available on jdm sites or Ebay this reel can handle anything and it will be one of those reels that will outlast any reel with a carbon or magnesium frame with aluminum gears the bantam is designed to take some serious torque and stick with it

4. Member
    Lews BB-1 in 6.4:1, I used to use the 5:1, but for deep cranks in the post spawn, I'm usually fishing them a little faster to get a reaction bite and was cranking too much with the 5:1 reel, and it was also sometimes hard to catch up with a fish that came up to jump. I save the 5:1 reels for winter and spring cranking.

5. Member
    Try to get your hands on a Zillion crazy cranker

6. Member
    Revo Winch.

I had to look this up maybe others were wondering the same thing...Bamtam MGL PG , has a inches per turn of 23.3".
    Why this reel is not in the U.S. market , I have no idea.

http://fish.shimano.com.sg/content/f...BANTAMMGL.html

8. Member
    I only have two daiwa reels in my line up, and they are both for deep cranking. I did a lot of research at the time, including looking at the specs on the quantum reel KVD was using for the 10xd. I wanted the specs of that reel, but didn't want a quantum. So I ended up with the Zillion right about the time they were clearing them out to make room for new models. These reels really impressed me with casting distance, smoothness, and they are built like a tank. I took one apart, at least partially, and couldn't believe how solidly built they are.

Daiwa Zillion TWS100P
    Gear Ratio: 5.5:1
    IPT (Inches per turn): 24.2
    WT: 7.5oz
    Capacity: 150yds of 12lb test (0.32mm)

This gives you a very powerful reel, without sacrificing inches per turn. The line capacity also helps keep the retrieve rate consistent with the reels specs. In my mind, these are key attributes for a deep cranking reel, especially line capacity. If you can get the low gear ratio and keep the inches per turn up there with most 6.2 or 6.4 reels, makes for easy powerful cranking. Looks like the Tatula CT is the only reel with the 100P designation now, same 5.5:1 gear ratio.
    Last edited by jbabin76; 06-29-2019 at 09:51 PM.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

9. Member
    Thanks to everyone that made suggestions. I thought I’d settled on the lews super duty. Then, being a Shimano guy I was leaning towards the Tranx after seeing the suggestions here. I ended up buying a Tatula 150P from tackle trap after seeing it mentioned here a few times. Great price, very fast shipping and my first impressions of the reel are very good.

10. Member
    Lews Tournament MB probably the best bang for the buck it comes in 5.6:1 but the BB1with probably be well worth the small price difference. Probably won’t find a further cast reel

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Lews BB-1. 5.1:1!!! Why they made it..crankbaits. Amazing feel
    Good enough for David Fritters Damn sure good enough for me

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboro View Post
    Thanks to everyone that made suggestions. I thought I’d settled on the lews super duty. Then, being a Shimano guy I was leaning towards the Tranx after seeing the suggestions here. I ended up buying a Tatula 150P from tackle trap after seeing it mentioned here a few times. Great price, very fast shipping and my first impressions of the reel are very good.
    Solid choice... let us know when you get it out and put it to use.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Lew's BB-1 in 5.4:1 gear is the best cranking reel that I have used. Launches bait for really long casts and is very comfortable to crank with. I have 10-12 of them and a few are 6-7 years old. We have caught a lot of fish on each and they hold up well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12