Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dogfish_Jones

Jordon Lee meeting

I was loading up my boat from a tournament I fished at Guntersville Saturday , as i was loading up this totally wrapped Tundra nad Ranger was back down the ramp putting in. I looked over and noticed the name on the boat the name Jordon Lee was on it.
    Yep, it was him, he got out of the Tundra and auto his boat to the end of the dock. I knew the BASS is having a tournament there next week but Saturday was an off limit day to fish for them. As he was walking past me, I ask why is he fishing on a off limit day when practice doesn't start until Monday or Tuesday. he said he doesn't have a tournament here next week...then it hit me and I aid, " Oh..that's right you're not with BASS anymore but with MLF
    He said he was going to take his lady out today, as she was getting out of the Tundra with their dog and another friend.

I was thinking about this meeting him on the way home and I ask myself a few questions. One was why was he using a public ramp? I mean parking his rigged out truck and trailer to be gawked at, and worse broken into. I'm pretty sure he lives on the lake and has a ramp, or know a private ramp I'm sure a person would welcome him to use at anytime.
    Second thing is and I'm just thinking this to myself, why would he even want to get on this lake when it was so very full of every type boat you could ever imagine go every which way on the water causing some serious waves. As I was coming in to my weigh in, I was being thrown all over the place and even having two of my three graphs come unplugged from the hitting of the tsunami waves out there. I thought then, this guy has some fee time off the water and where does he go? On the water, I suppose to get where he is in fishing you have to really love being on the water.

All in all, he seemed very friendly and didn't seem to have a quick chat with me. I wished I would have talked to him before the tournament as I didn't do very well fishing. I think I was trying to fight all the boats, waves, barges, jet skis, wake boats, houseboats, cabin cruisers all day. Damn, If I was a fish I would want to bit anything either for trying to stay on the bottom of the lake hiding from the major traffic above.

2. Member
    they are normal guys but prob put their pants on 2 legs at once. say hi, tell him ur a fan, don't bust his nuts next time

they really don't make that much money to have private this and that

I didn’t know they had private ramps for pros. They are just normal people.

Seems really arrogant if he was thinking he could go among the busy boat traffic, catch some fish, and enjoy himself.

What a jerk.

5. Banned
    The answer they’re just regular guys that like to fish. Shocking I know.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Seems really arrogant if he was thinking he could go among the busy boat traffic, catch some fish, and enjoy himself.

What a jerk.
    yeah don't ya know he can just walk on water

You are overthinking too much.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Banned
    He always seemed like a good ol boy normal dude to me. and he seems genuine and not like its some act! he's not very far out from college either...so the things that make lots grumpy prolly havent him yet! lol

when you win back to back classics I imagine you become pretty accustom to crowds around you while fishing and in general. Prolly smart of him to go out on tourney day so the tourney guys dont follow him around! lol

9. Dogfish_Jones
    I'm not saying he was doing anything wrong here, he was as friendly as can be. The main thing was here is, he is one of the top fisherman if not the top guys using a crowed ramp. PLUS..leaving his truck and trailor out where some of the shadow people at most ramps lurk to steal something not belonging to them. I mean don't most people lock their tailors to their trucks, and make sure your truck is locked up for these that seem to enjoy stalking from others.
    Jordon never once seemed to show or make it seem he was better than anyone. Yes, he is the same as us but mind you he will draw attention to himself and if it were me, I would rather just go unnoticed in the area where most would know me. I would want some time to just be me and not the 2017, 2018 BASS master champion.
    I just thought it strange him using a public ramp…..nothing more than that,

10. Banned
    the whole leaving his truck out thing....im sure he is insured up the wazoo! plus its the day. anyone really gonna break into his rig on a crowded saturday at the crowded boat ramp? I figure its easier to steal if its in a private area than in the middle of the crowd. Just my thinking tho, and maybe his too cuz I think him, his brother and Gman live on the lake.

11. Banned
    Really odd post. He wanted to go fishing and put in at a public ramp. I'm not sure what else he would do.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Really odd post. He wanted to go fishing and put in at a public ramp. I'm not sure what else he would do.
    HEY! Its cool running into a Pro like him in such a public setting. Im sure OP figure the OP was better than a..."Ran into J.Lee" only post lol

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I'm not saying he was doing anything wrong here, he was as friendly as can be. The main thing was here is, he is one of the top fisherman if not the top guys using a crowed ramp. PLUS..leaving his truck and trailor out where some of the shadow people at most ramps lurk to steal something not belonging to them. I mean don't most people lock their tailors to their trucks, and make sure your truck is locked up for these that seem to enjoy stalking from others.
    Jordon never once seemed to show or make it seem he was better than anyone. Yes, he is the same as us but mind you he will draw attention to himself and if it were me, I would rather just go unnoticed in the area where most would know me. I would want some time to just be me and not the 2017, 2018 BASS master champion.
    I just thought it strange him using a public ramp…..nothing more than that,
    I’ve seen lots of pros use public ramps, it’s really not a big deal.

My guess his truck being there was advertising for his sponsors.

15. Member
    See lee, wiggins, swindle at smith lake ramps from time to time. To be honest no one gives a hoot for the most part. I live on the water on Smith but if the boat isnt in the water i have to drive to a public ramp to launch it. Really no ones business why he was there
    Not being smart

16. Member
    You would think he would have at least had these!

5FEE114D-CE64-4C23-AF5D-B3A6739ADB1A.jpeg

17. Member
    According to a hand full on here hes not even a pro any longer. Hes a has been that moved to MLF / BPT. LOL Who would worry with his rig.

See lots of the Pros fishing around here, that's what they do. Parking next to your rig is advertising exposure for their sponsors. They are just like us normal folks, just fish for living.

19. Member
    Guntersville is home waters for the Lee brothers and a few other pros. I’ve seen Jordan’s and Matt’s trucks at a few public ramps when I go to big G from time to time. In the fall they use some public ramps that are usually empty too, mud creek is one of them. I’m sure most of the time they pick ramps to go to that are busy with people around to keep eyes on their trucks and avoid any ramps that have had those problems in the past.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    According to a hand full on here hes not even a pro any longer. Hes a has been that moved to MLF / BPT. LOL Who would worry with his rig.
    Yup, a has been... Dan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast