P4 vs Puma. Where did the 11 inches go?

Hey guys who know things. Where do they cut 11 inches from on the Puma to create the P4?

I love the Puma but I’m looking for more fuel economy so I’m curious where exactly they took the length from.

Thx men
    Danny

It was not a cut, the hull was built from other means and not cut down from a 20’ model. The Pantera III was the sister hull and it was not cut down. Nothing is related to those two hulls today.

3. Member
    Ok thank you for the reply. We loved the Puma we had and were looking for a more friendly fuel user so the P4 catches my attention big time because the front deck appears to be the same as my 07 Puma was. I’m looking at a 13 P4 that’s too far away to go see in person at this point but I’d love to hear your thoughts on the comparison. Thx guys

A friend of mine had a P4 and mow has a Puma.....in fact she had both at once at one point. The Pumas extra length seems to be in the front deck....the Pumas rod lockers have two latches (P4 has one) which lead me to believe that the rod locker lid is longer...the Puma cooler/front deck cut out is larger where as the P4 deck comes all the way to the console and straight across (no cut out). Just by feel leg room and back deck seem EXTREMELY similar.

I am not sure how much more efficient the P4/200 will be versus a Puma/250....I have a 2013 P4 with a 200HP Optimax ProXS.....when running around 45-50MPH I am getting 10-12 GPH depending on load and conditions....at WOT (68-70 MPH depending on load and conditions I am getting 19-22 GPH. The P4 hull is a pretty heavy hull and not much lighter than the Puma...its a big boat and fishes even bigger than it is...perfect size boat IMO but not sure it will be much more "efficient" in terms of fuel economy on the water....if you want efficiency a new (wide body) Pantera Class with a 150 HP four stroke may be a better route
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

5. Member
    Great post. Thx BH

6. Member
    For a fuel efficient rig, nothing beats the Pantera II. Its only slightly smaller on the front deck than the PIV, but still has plenty storage.
    Coming out of a Puma, you would be impressed with the hole shot and acceleration. Nothing is faster from 0-60 mph.
    However, it does not give you the big boat feel, and ride of the PIV. Handling is more sport car.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    My first Cat was a P2 and she was a great boat for sure. You just don’t see to many for sale and I’m kind of a sucker for trying new things and I do love the layout of the Puma front deck. It’s probably been my favorite of any boat I’ve owned.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    My first Cat was a P2 and she was a great boat for sure. You just don’t see to many for sale and I’m kind of a sucker for trying new things and I do love the layout of the Puma front deck. It’s probably been my favorite of any boat I’ve owned.
    Puma has an excellent lay out!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs