2011 Z520 soft touch key pad problem

hey guys I need your help got in the boat yesterday and tried to put the code in the touch pad but the pad didn't respond as normal. the motor lights came on but nothing else worked the motor would start and run but none of the accessories would turn on Even the front soft touch pad didn't work Does the activation sequence for both the console and bow touch pads come from the console pad? I have power through the 30 amp breaker getting to the console area where the power and all the connections originate before they are split off to the various accessories. What do you guys think?

2011 Z520 with 2016 250 etec

2. Member
    I read where there was a problem with the 2011 and 2012 soft touch key pads on the Z520 Rangers. Do you guys know the symptoms or failure modes of those units?

Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    I read where there was a problem with the 2011 and 2012 soft touch key pads on the Z520 Rangers. Do you guys know the symptoms or failure modes of those units?
    I had to replace the keypad on my 2011 about 3 months ago. Motor would not start. Key pad would light up and all other functions would work but when I put in my code, nothing. Ordered a new one from Ranger and everything’s good now. Have read that some have had to replace the brain box & keypad. Mine was just the keypad.

4. Member
    had a similar problem with my 2011 521. before you start ordering parts disconnect neg. battery terminal and attached wiring and leave off overnight then hook back up. this corrected my problem. was told this has something to do with brain box. good luck and let us know how things turn out.

5. Member
    thank you, excellent idea. I disconnected ground and will be back to check it out on Wednesday thanks again

randy

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I had to replace the keypad on my 2011 about 3 months ago. Motor would not start. Key pad would light up and all other functions would work but when I put in my code, nothing. Ordered a new one from Ranger and everything’s good now. Have read that some have had to replace the brain box & keypad. Mine was just the keypad.
    What did the keypad cost?
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

Quote Originally Posted by Z21 Tom View Post
    What did the keypad cost?
    $305 + $8.95 shipping + tax.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    $305 + $8.95 shipping + tax.
    Thanks vmax
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

9. Member
    I disconnected the batter ground over night and also replaced the touch pad per recommendation from Ranger and neither fixed the issue. I guess it must be the "brain" unfortunately. I have a huge tournament this weekend and need to figure out a way to function. With the current issue the motor will start but none of the accessories will work. To get the aerator pumps to work I am thinking installing a temporary switch with a fuze (what size?) back by the pumps. The other option would be to somehow splice the power to the pumps under the dash. What are your thoughts and recommendations on best way to get my aeration working?

I would also like some lights, Any thoughts on how I could accomplish this? Any other recommendations? thanks

10. Member
    I also would like to get my Lowrance SS3D box operational. My head units are hard wired to the battery so they are working. The structure scan box has power going to it but the yellow (wake up) wire is connected to the 1st accessory port on the touch pad so it doesn't work. I am thinking I can just cut the yellow wire from the accessory switch so that the structure scan box will be powered on everytime the 30 amp breaker is engaged. thoughts?