Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rex Chambers has passed

Many of you know Rex Chambers, some of us from back in the old BFHP days. I was shocked to hear of his passing.

This is from his tournament partner's post on Facebook.

Brent Crow is with Rex Chambers.

I was looking forward to sharing this picture yesterday when I took it of my fishing partner and best friend, Rex Chambers. She weighed 7.88lbs and I dont know if I ever saw him more excited about catching a fish. It was the highlight of great day on the water at Lake Eufaula to conclude our sixth year of fishing the Alabama Bass Trail South division together. I never imagined I would be sitting here with tears streaming down my face as I post it or that it would be the last time he held up a big bass for me to take a picture of.
    Rex had a massive heart attack on I-65 as he drove home from the tournament yesterday. I was behind him in my truck and on the phone with him when it happened. Despite the great efforts of the Calera Fire and Rescue and the Alabaster Police, they were unable to bring him back.
    Now we are all suffering from the way too soon loss of a great friend and super family man. Please pray for his wife and daughter and son-in-law as they try to get through this. He loved all of them so much!
    I have been swamped with calls and texts from friends and fishermen from all over the country expressing their support and sympathy. Rex would be truly amazed at the number of friends he had!
    I have spent many days in the boat, truck and golf cart with Rex but I will always remember yesterday as the most special. He caught all five of our weigh in fish(23lbs) and I know how much he enjoyed the day. He babied the big fish in the livewell all day long, checking on her and making sure she was ok. At the weigh in tanks he looked like a proud papa of a newborn while we waited to weigh her in.
    I want to thank Gerald Swindle for his comments about us when we weighed in. I know he made Rex and I both feel like a million bucks the way he talked about us on stage. Many fellow fishermen have said that when they go out, they could only be so lucky to have a great day of fishing and catch an 8lber on the day they do, and I agree completely.
    Rex went out in style, it was just way, way too early. I still cant believe that I'll never share a boat or play 18 with my old buddy ever again. Rest in peace brother, you may be gone, but you will never be forgotten by me or thousands of other friends and fishermen.
    Thank you so much to all of those that have called or texted their sympathy and offering to help out in anyway they could. All of you have blown me away with your kindness.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Damn it. I hate to hear this. A good man.

3. Member
    Prayers for his family!

Very sorry to hear.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

That sucks. I almost bought a boat off him one time.

6. Member
    Went out the way you should, with a great day of fishing, praying for the family

7. Member
    We terrible e

8. Member

9. Member
    Wished I could of gotten the chance to fish with him. I have followed him since his boating accident.

10. Member
    Prayers for all loved ones. I was watching Ray Van Horn outdoor show the other day. He was fishing with a guide he was introduced to for the first time , and they had caught some really nice bass. At the end of the program, Ray told him, thanks for being part of my journey. Kind of a great way to tell someone that you enjoyed them.

11. Member
    Extremely sorry for the loss of your friend and partner.

12. Member
    Prayers for you and his family. May he rest in peace

13. Member
    Prayers for all
    Praying for a Cure

Prayers for family. RIP Rex.

15. Member
    Very sad and I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great fishing partner and a fine man

16. Member

Prayers to his family and friends

18. Banned
    ... Dan

19. Member
    Rex was a good man as well as a fellow retired brother in blue..
    Prayers for his family and many friends
    Last edited by VictorM.; 06-16-2019 at 04:25 PM.

20. Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast