Thread: Bilge pump

Question Bilge pump

I have a 2018 721. The manual pump won't come on with the switch. The auto pump comes on works fine. Last weekend I had the access panal out and tried switching where both pump are plugged into and tried it again and still nothing happened. So I believe it's either a fuse or the switch. Is there a fuse somewhere for the bilge pump? Where should I start on trying to fix this?

Thanks Joseph

2. Member
    I would imagine there would only be a fuse for the pump. Not one for each manual and auto. I could be wrong. Is auto bilge an upgrade? I noticed on my '19 721 I can only swap to manual..it wont let me move to auto. There is a little red LED bulb by the switch but Ive never seen it lit.

3. Member
    My switch will only turn to manual also. When the auto kicks on the light lights up.
    My problem is when I turn the switch to manual nothing happens.

4. Member
    Since I haven't gotten an answer here. I called Pheonix Boats and asked to talk with Tim and Karen takes down my number and says he'll call me right back. I tried him on Monday and today and he still hasn't called me back. Guess I'll try him again tomorrow or Friday.

5. Member
    My 721 does the same thing. I've had everything apart all the way to standing on my head in the bilge area. Voltage makes it to the pump with the manual switch but it doesn't run. Auto works though.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    My 721 does the same thing. I've had everything apart all the way to standing on my head in the bilge area. Voltage makes it to the pump with the manual switch but it doesn't run. Auto works though.
    I'll let you know what I find out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20basstriton View Post
    Since I haven't gotten an answer here. I called Pheonix Boats and asked to talk with Tim and Karen takes down my number and says he'll call me right back. I tried him on Monday and today and he still hasn't called me back. Guess I'll try him again tomorrow or Friday.
    I can't tell you how shocking that is- something (vacation/family, etc) must be going on. Tim has always emailed or called me same day when I contacted him.
    2014 920/SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I can't tell you how shocking that is- something (vacation/family, etc) must be going on. Tim has always emailed or called me same day when I contacted him.
    Karen said he was at his desk on the phone and she took down my number and said she'd have him call me. I'll try again later.

9. Member
    Just talked with Tim. He called me. He said there is two breakers on my boat. One for each pump located in the battery compartment. He said it sounds like either the braker or the switch. I'm going to look at it when I get home this evening and go from there.

10. Member
    I tried the breaker and it was tripped. I reset it and turned the switch to manual and nothing happened until about 30 seconds to a minute the the breaker tripped again. Next I unplugged both pumps from the wiring harness and switched the plugs around reset the breaker and turned the switch to manual. This time the pump came on. So now I know I have a bad bilge pump.
    I hope this helps someone.