Questions about 3 in 1 on trolling motor

I just mounted a 3 in 1 on my trolling motor. I was very very happy with my traditional sonar readings with it. Much better than the US2 that I have been using. The cone angle seemed wider and I was able to see my jigging spoon and fish much better with it. Got 24 stripers yesterday playing with it so it was nice to have confirmation of what I was seeing.

While I was happy with traditional sonar, I was getting a ton of interference on side scan and down scan. I have SS3D on the transome so I assume the interference was coming from have both structure scans running at once? Do people that have structure scan on both ends of the boat typically have to hit "Stop Sonar" on one of them for the other to read properly? Is there a way to change frequency so they can both be on at once? I assume they both need to run on 455KHZ?

I have both and see no interference so far.

3. Member
    You may get interference from them if they are both running the same frequency. Just change one of them to 800khz and try it.

4. Member
    Ok, good. Didn't know 800 was an option now. Thanks!

5. Member
    I have a 3 in 1 on both ends of the boat. I get more interference with the 2D than I do with Down or Side.

6. Member
    I didn’t get a chance to play with the downscan long because we were into fish pretty quick but the little I did there were big swaths of vertical lines blanking out the screen then it would work ok for a few seconds and then vertical lines again. That unit on the bow has always read my rear down scan just fine so I don’t think it was settings. Hopefully it’s not trolling motor interference. No interference at all on 2D sonar on medium chirp, the images were fantastic. I was video game fishing those stripers with big spoons and could watch them grab it most of the time.