Live/Carbon Question

I know this is really personal preference. But I wanted an opinion. I have a Live 12 at the console currently. I would like to add a second unit for chart only and use my other unit for sonar/scan. Would you go with another Live or save a few bucks and add a Carbon?

2. Member
    Like a local politician said about the issue of the day: "I feel strongly both ways!" If you have the cash... go with the Live unit(s) other wise invest a few dollars less in a soon to be legacy product...

I have a 12 inch carbon on the bow, 9 inch carbon on the dash. Next to the carbon on the dash I have a Gen2 non-touch. The Gen2 is strictly for mapping (it does have a 83/200 ducer connected to it). I have them all networked together via ethernet. Waypoint is saved on all 3 units and they share my map. Had the Gen2 and it was worth more to me than selling it for charting (pixel size on an 8" is still pretty good). Shouldn't be a problem for you with adding a carbon for mapping.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

For your purpose carbon will suit you well.

Even a Gen 3 would work great for that purpose.