Lake Cumberland, another marina seeking to expand & block off more water.

Public meeting on Alligator Marina expansion on June 17, 2019 at 6:30 Central time in Salem School at Jct Ky 76/910 near Eli in Russell Co
    There is a proposal to link Alligator II marina with the old Alligator I site that is presently a Russell Co Park
    This will ultimately translate to no free public access, 1.5 mile of No Wake, 80 floating boat houses lining the bank.
    Marinas are necessary for all of us; however, this is an excessive project in a narrow creek arm. There are two marinas in this arm and a total of 4 in Russell County.
    This is very detrimental to an important fishing area of the lake and will preclude access in multiple ways. Please attend and voice your concerns!

They've lost their ever-lovin' minds! That's too stupid to comprehend ... just sayin'

3. Member
    That section of no wake is already huge. 1.5 Miles would really suck.

I believe this would add approx. 1.3 miles of no wake to the already exisitng no wake of Alligator #2 marina. This would essentially make over two miles of no wake in Wolf Creek. This does not count the half mile or so no wake of Wolf Creek Marina which is located in another area of Wolf Creek. The proposal would also let the owner have control of the parking lot and lauching ramps where Alligator #1 used to be located and would add parking restrictions and launch fees.
    Last edited by kycommander; 06-17-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    2014 Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Is the Lake Cumberland Marina that I hear different people talking about and petition on Facebook circulating around? Anyway, I'm sure it happens if it gets the funding, that crowd spends more than fishermen. Petition said fishing would be allowed in the no wake zone. But what about the rest of the creek,,? It will take too long to get through the no wake.

6. Banned
    Wow, that's crazy... Dan

7. Member
    Everyone needs to fight this!! There is a terrible stench associated with the whole deal!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Everyone needs to fight this!! There is a terrible stench associated with the whole deal!!
    smells like $ to a select few people