Powerhead at hydro tech

after a lot of years the old 300 was down on compression leak down so it's time. Phase 2 with all the extras. Be glad to get her back. 740 hrs and still going, just down on power

2. Member
    The HT crew will get it done! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    after a lot of years the old 300 was down on compression leak down so it's time. Phase 2 with all the extras. Be glad to get her back. 740 hrs and still going, just down on power
    Phase II is a awesome combination congrats!

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

4. Member
    Hoping to get it back this week. Still haven't heard back from ht yet.

5. Member
    Think it started it's trip back to Matt Moore's shop yesterday...won't be long now...

Loving my phase 2 225 OX66 on my 21RDC. Last boat, 20xd Phase 3 was a beast, but this thing idles close to stock and still runs 80+.

7. Member
    Picked it up last night. Hoping to do most of the break in this weekend.

Picked it up last night. Hoping to do most of the break in this weekend.
    How did the break in go?
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

9. Member
    Got about 6 hrs in and had a problem with the sensor in the big oil tank. Matt got me fixed up, hope to finish break in tomorrow. Motor is running great, just tight. To be expected. Matt and I have been talking about the hydrotech mods to my hpdi lower. Anybody that has had it done, how much did handling improve? Boat was a mid 80s rig before, something we've been kicking around.

10. Member
    They are the only place to take a Yamaha!!!!!

11. Member
    Break in done. Running well. Bogging a little on takeoff. Make have to change some setup now.

12. Member
    What boat is this on?

13. Member
    Break in done. Running well. Bogging a little on takeoff. Make have to change some setup now.
    When we went with the phase kit the engine lost a little lowend, had to open up the prop venting to correct the lag. I have had the tuner do the same a couple of times. Did you have a tuner before when it did not lag? CJ

14. Member
    It was bone stock. Never had a low end problem, but definitely got one now. Always run 3 blades, got a 29T1 now 1/2" below, and after I loaded my tackle, full tank and wells, it wouldn't turn over 2800 trying g to get put of the hole.think the T1 has 1/2" vents, not much. Guessing need to get hold of a bravo or something with more vents.

15. Member
    It was bone stock. Never had a low end problem, but definitely got one now. Always run 3 blades, got a 29T1 now 1/2" below, and after I loaded my tackle, full tank and wells, it wouldn't turn over 2800 trying g to get put of the hole.think the T1 has 1/2" vents, not much. Guessing need to get hold of a bravo or something with more vents.
    No, just cut the vents open with a carbide burr. I use dyechem to mark each slot to the opening I want. If I remember right I removed 1/2" of a inch away from the blade on a 27t-1 that is worked to maybe a 28. I need to take another 3/8" out of it. When I did the tuner is when I lost lowend on both of the 300hpdi's around here. Normally the heads make up for it somewhat but on 1 engine we left the heads alone and that one was worse that the full kitted engine. So if you like the prop and are not overrevving up top just cut the vents. If not send it to Mark and have him work it and install PVS venting in it. I would do Six holes not 3 if you do that. CJ

16. Member
    Like was asked, what boat. Ours is on a heavy Blazer and it never really had a good hole shot but opening the vents made a big difference. CJ

17. Member
    21 xd bullet

18. Member
    I've only got around 20 hrs on the motor since the rebuild and the phase 2. Haven't been able to really turn it up and hold it there, lake's been rough. I lost an ear on my txp and the only prop I have right now is the T1.

19. Member
    Yep, open the vents up. That rig should fly once you get it out of the hole. Some say around 3600 but I usually shoot for 3800 or more. My rig with the OX is 4200 and it is almost instant for a fishing boat.CJ

20. Member
    Bravo xs really made a difference. Tuning took a couple hours, but it is a rocket out of the hole now.