Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Dang, those are some great pics Chief Brody! That capture of the paddlefish is especially interesting.

Does anyone know why the paddlefish does not show up as an arch on the 2-D view? I find that a little confusing.

Also, it looks like there are 2 paddlefish on the side image but only one on the down image (and on the 2D). I can understand the 2D not having the second one (one that came first) if it was out of the cone, but I figured the down image would have picked up the one near the bottom on the left side. The clearvue is 60 degrees and the UHD sidevu is only 52 degrees. Or does that mean that SideVu is really 104 degrees all the way across and the downvu is only 60 degrees all the way across?

2. Member
    pdx, i have more pics that i’ll try to put up tonight. maybe they’ll provide more info. But on the 2d: I did have gain turned down, because i prefer a clean screen. Also, it could be be because the fish was so close to the cone and/or paddlefish dont have a sloping head like many other fish.

3. Member
    more pics. same muddy water and muck bottom. notice the boat speed, and in the 2nd and 3rd pics the fish are outside of the 2d cone (as shown by the sidevu). I had the 2d set to its narrowest cone angle....16deg i believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    busy shot

5. Member
    paddlefish(?) coming under again

6. Member
    less 'fuzzy' than most previous Garmin sidevu's?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    less 'fuzzy' than most previous Garmin sidevu's?
    What are all of those dark circles? Tires?

8. Member
    yes

9. Member
    Thanks for all those great photos Chief Brody.

I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA (South Hills) and fished the Allegheny and the Mon quite a bit growing up. When I was young they were just carp and catfish rivers but once the steel industries failed and the water cleaned up the walleye and sauger fishing became amazing for numbers. I only fished from shore back then but below lock no. 2 was always good fishing in the winter and spring.

Now you need to go find the B-25 bomber that fell into the Mon in the 50's :)

10. Member
    that reminds me of an old mining pit near the river that’s fed underground by it. There were always rumors that it was real deep, and there was a train car sunk in it.

Ya well, one scan with a Lowrance discovered only a couple trees and rocks no more than 12 feet deep lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    that reminds me of an old mining pit near the river that’s fed underground by it. There were always rumors that it was real deep, and there was a train car sunk in it.

Ya well, one scan with a Lowrance discovered only a couple trees and rocks no more than 12 feet deep lol
    Ha, that is funny. Here is a link to the plane that ditched in the Mon.

https://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/b...st-b-25-bomber

I remember my parents telling me stories about it and they had their own theories :)

12. Member
    30JUN19_1527_00.jpg30JUN19_1306_01.jpg29JUN19_1455_00.jpg27MAY19_1920_00.jpgphotostudio_1559242987900.jpg
    few si shots I have gotten over the last few weeks. Hopefully will get time to get some deep water stuff soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12