8ft BT Talon won’t deploy

Brand new 8ft BT Talon press down button and it moves an inch and stops l. Spike and stages all drop a inch and stops. Anyone know of anything I can check before taking off to go to a ASC? Worked fine for past month no issues. Other than I’ve had the breaker in the fuse trip on both new talons once each..

2. Member
    There is nothing you can check. I would just pull it off and bring to ASC. Have you been doing maintenance on it? Cleaning by flushing it and lubing it? Spraying the slots of the 2nd and third stage with pledge.

Mine did this once when they had dried mud in them. If you take them out of the bracket and let them sit in a 5 gallon bucket full of water for a few minutes it will soften the mud and allow them to deploy.

If it's not mud I've got nothing else for you.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    There is nothing you can check. I would just pull it off and bring to ASC. Have you been doing maintenance on it? Cleaning by flushing it and lubing it? Spraying the slots of the 2nd and third stage with pledge.
    dam thats alot of work!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    dam thats alot of work!
    It is what it is.
    The easiest way to clean is when you are moving to another spot and they have been deployed raise the spike off the bottom and and idle for a few yards and then store completely. this procedure will work if you take your time. Then when you get in you can do the lub deal.

6. Member
    Thanks all, they’ve only been used in rocks and hard bottom. Canada and New York. Can’t believe there dirty but never know. I have an ASC within 8 miles so I’ll get it off the boat and take it there.