Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Googan Squad opened their store/HQ today...line 1/4 mile long

Lines up to 1/4 mile to get it. That's crazy for summertime in Texas to see people willing to stand in line in the heat. Been to several Classics and BASS/FLW events. Have yet to see any lines even a fraction of that to meet tournament pros. Not my deal but ts impressive to see. I hope they keep on finding success.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...ics/13186451/1

2. Member
    It was crazy considering you only had to wait in line if you wanted to go in the actual storefront and most people were happy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    It was crazy considering you only had to wait in line if you wanted to go in the actual storefront and most people were happy to do it.

From you viewpoint in the industry how impressive is it to you what they are doing?

4. Banned
    what a bunch of bums! terrible example for children with all their success in business ventures. Did i mention they are bad hotel guests? I only support people who have never had a negative interaction with hotels.

5. Member
    Ive said it before and ill say it again. They caught lightning in a bottle and are taking full advantage of it. Good for them. The only thing currently in my bottle is miller light and I had to pay for it. LOL

What will be very interesting is how they adapt for the future. Usually the lightning in your bottle doesnt last forever. Can they adapt and diversify to create a long term income. Or at least make enough in a short period of time to not care. As we all know there is always a new fad coming down the pipe.

6. Banned
    They have some new baits coming out. Pretty sure spro crankbaits and new softbait colors.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ive said it before and ill say it again. They caught lightning in a bottle and are taking full advantage of it. Good for them. The only thing currently in my bottle is miller light and I had to pay for it. LOL

What will be very interesting is how they adapt for the future. Usually the lightning in your bottle doesnt last forever. Can they adapt and diversify to create a long term income. Or at least make enough in a short period of time to not care. As we all know there is always a new fad coming down the pipe.
    They are like a boy band. Eventually they will fade into the background and the next version of googans will pop up. Alex(apbassing) is local to my area. He occasionally fishes local tournaments as a non boater with an FLW pro. The weigh-ins are full of prepubescent boys following him like lost puppies. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    From you viewpoint in the industry how impressive is it to you what they are doing?
    Very. This is a simple thing really. Their videos were their products early on and as they started to scale their YT platforms they've been able to transfer the viewer base across platforms to Instagram etc, leverage their reach as a group to create Googans (genius name by the way). Now they're simply adding real products into their already built funnel. We market differently now and they've leveraged the platforms of today and are marketing direct to the consumer or "future" consumer, if you don't consider the kids to be full buyers at this point.
    Last edited by Mark Jones; 06-15-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Good for them.

I care, but not that much..

See the the crudites showed up.....careful you may need a nitro pill.

Good for the boys! Make hay when you can, the kids are eating this up! Baits are pretty nice too!

11. Member
    Good for them! I don’t follow them, watch their videos, buy their baits, or have any interest in Favorite rods. But I have nothing bad to say about them. They’re doing a hell of a good job promoting themselves and making bank. No hate here. I wish them nothing but the best. Just not my market.

12. Member
    I'm 42 next week, and started watching them with my son. I'm a fan, mostly of AP and Jon B, but I subscribe to all of them and the googan channel. I say good for them!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Good for them! I don’t follow them, watch their videos, buy their baits, or have any interest in Favorite rods. But I have nothing bad to say about them. They’re doing a hell of a good job promoting themselves and making bank. No hate here. I wish them nothing but the best. Just not my market.
    Could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Not my bag of tea but if it works? Enjoy!!

15. Member
    I think it’s great! In this day and age of getting your product to your target consumer.. They have nailed it! Hope they succeed.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

16. Banned
    Other than BBC, I have no idea who they are or what they do.

Just another place to buy more stuff to put with the other stuff I don't use.

18. Member
    That's awesome. I will never slam people who take risk and chase their dreams. Haters gon hate.

19. Banned
    What is a googan squad?? Must be a thing people are doing out west>>>

Good for them....good for us...brings more ideas and baits to try and stock up on...BAD for my wallet
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast