Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    I’ve still never seen anything about them. Wouldn’t know a Googan or googan bait if I saw 1. Must be targeting young kids I guess.

Thought you followed tournament fishing?....Morgan, Wheeler, Connell, Martin, Davis are all associated with them in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Thought you followed tournament fishing?....Morgan, Wheeler, Connell, Martin, Davis are all associated with them in some fashion.
    I do. I’ve never rode with any of those guys. I’ve never seen a googan bait in a pros boat that I’ve been in. I’ve never noticed them in the stores either. But to be honest, I’ve not gone to many stores in the last couple years. I do not watch YouTube videos about bass fishing either.

3. Member
    I hope my kids have as much hustle and drive as the googans do. They might be building a outdoors empire.

They could be the next strike king.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    I hope my kids have as much hustle and drive as the googans do. They might be building a outdoors empire.

They could be the next strike king.
    or already have with the look a like baits they have.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Other than BBC, I have no idea who they are or what they do.
    Same here but I don't buy much stuff these days or watch fishing shows if that is what they do. Googan is a derogatory term that I imagine they are using ironically. My mind wants to go to backwards flat brim caps with white rimmed sunglasses. Hope not true.

6. Member
    Well there is one good side most stores I have been in always has it on sell or priced very cheaply. So it is a cheap bait to consider. I think the issue is most people who I talk to have no clue who they are. I habe my trusted favorites and see no reason to change. Hey good luck to anyone trying to start a successful business.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Well there is one good side most stores I have been in always has it on sell or priced very cheaply. So it is a cheap bait to consider. I think the issue is most people who I talk to have no clue who they are. I habe my trusted favorites and see no reason to change. Hey good luck to anyone trying to start a successful business.
    Never seen it on sale yet, I have seen full racks at academy and a week later its picked over real good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post

They are far from unknown at this point. They fly off the shelves at shops here. Crazy thing is I see a lot of older anglers buying them.

9. Member
    Must be a local thing was on sale in Pa at both Gaunder Outdoors and Field and Stream. If I remember correctly forget which store is was priced at $4.99. I think the other was buy two get one free. So be it not known at all where I live. I would not know about them except for being on this forum.

10. Member
    Don’t follow them. But sounds like they are good business guys. Sounds like they are living the American dream.

11. Member
    I did look at their tackle box or what ever you call them, green lid and may be in connection with Bass Mari. In any event the darn thing was just way to heavy. Cool though I'm a sucker for that color green. If it was much lighter I might have bought a few.

12. Member
    They are far from unknown at this point. They fly off the shelves at shops here. Crazy thing is I see a lot of older anglers buying them.
    I assume they were selling product. Would be interesting to know how much went out the door. Im guessing they sold out but of course that is just a guess.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Other than BBC, I have no idea who they are or what they do.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Same here.
    I was just thinking...
    One of these days I guess I will have to google and find out what a Googan is.
    but I am sure I would find out and still not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I assume they were selling product. Would be interesting to know how much went out the door. Im guessing they sold out but of course that is just a guess.

I wasn't at their place. Talking about what I've seen at local shops here. Just getting your stuff in places like Cabelas, TW, Academy, Gander, Dicks etc as fast as they have is impressive.

16. Banned
    They are what is keeping kids interested in fishing through You Tube. Us Old Dinosaurs have no idea the impact these goof balls have on the kids today. Kids don't care about cable tv. They can get all they want off the interent and You Tube. Just a new Era us old timers are going to have to accept. Will it last. No one knows. There will be more like them coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    They are what is keeping kids interested in fishing through You Tube. Us Old Dinosaurs have no idea the impact these goof balls have on the kids today. Kids don't care about cable tv. They can get all they want off the interent and You Tube. Just a new Era us old timers are going to have to accept. Will it last. No one knows. There will be more like them coming along.

I think they have been around 5 years or so already. I think many dont realize a couple of them are not "kids". Just from what I see in regards to how they are going about things on the business side it will not be long before are in the same league as some of the bigger companies. They have signed a stable of heavy hitters. I think if their YT fades that they have such strong foundations in the industry that their ventures will keep selling.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I don't know why but of all the youtubers out there, those guys interest me the least except for Scott Martin but is he actually part of the googan squad? I would be way more likely buy gear from Tactical Bassin', Mikeyballz, Big Bass Dreams just to name a few. I liked LakeForkGuy before he became a googan. Now he is just annoying like the rest of them.But good for them. Looks like they found an untapped market.
    Mikeyballz lost me when he posted a video talking bad about the googans. Him posting a bad video about the googans at that point was equivelant to a softball beer league player talking smack to a major leaguer.

19. Member
    I wasn't at their place. Talking about what I've seen at local shops here. Just getting your stuff in places like Cabelas, TW, Academy, Gander, Dicks etc as fast as they have is impressive.
    Ohh I agree 100%. What they have done is amazing in such a short period of time. Will be interesting to see if they can get into a company like Walmart. That might be the holy grail or the worst thing to happen to them.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Mikeyballz lost me when he posted a video talking bad about the googans. Him posting a bad video about the googans at that point was equivelant to a softball beer league player talking smack to a major leaguer.
    can you link that? All ive seen is him talking positively about them. I hope you werent going off his titles because he does make some clickbait like, same with the title screens you see on the homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ohh I agree 100%. What they have done is amazing in such a short period of time. Will be interesting to see if they can get into a company like Walmart. That might be the holy grail or the worst thing to happen to them.

Its my understanding they did or were already in walmart. I guess they made a combo thats supposed to rival the ugly stick. LunkersTV did some videos with title like "worlds strongest rod" or something like that. didnt watch them...but I think they battled ugly sticks in stupid ways to try and break them. The fact that they are in academy and especially dicks says something to me. Academy is the walmart of sporting goods, and with all the crap going on Dicks doesnt seem to be the most pro outdoors.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast