Thread: new g2 225HO

new g2 225HO

New g2 225 ho . Just had it mounted on my 2000 520vx by jet a marine in Kentucky. Super pleased with the motor and there service . They beat everyone up north by thousands $! Had it done in a day and half . Ran it on Kentucky lake with a prostaffer and showed me the ropes on the new technology.Great fit for my old girl. There is no holeshot in my opinion. You go from stop to fast in seconds! What an incredible motor. And a pretty clean install also. Takes some serious skill to mate that kind of technology to a 19 year old rig. It’s like a new boat to me. Had her close to 70 when the pedal touched bottom and was still climbing. Let off because frankly I was a little nervous with all that power being unleashed and wanted to ease into it. Omg what a beast. I honestly feel I’ll be in the mid 70’s with a light load and with the rite tweeking of the jack plate and trim. Now for a little tlc in the interior . A set of poles and with all the new trolling motors coming out one of those!happy Father’s Day men!

3. Member
    It is a beast Dc41 isn’t it. Hammer down.

4. Member
    I know the vx hull wasn’t built for speed but it sure does fly with that g2 on it

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

6. Member
    I here you Brother !
    I just replaced my old 200 ram ficht with the new 200 ho G2 and my boat runs almost 70 with a 22 raker 2 prop and no jack plate.
    The boat is is heavy R93 VS . I think with a New Raker ho 24 and some lighting of the load it will be over 70
    I think I can give up some of the instant 2.5 second hole shot for more speed. But with the holes in the Ho raker it might still be the same .

7. Member
    Good deal. Glad I repowered and didn’t flip my boat for a someone’s used deal. Love my vx. Upgrades are gonna be easy now. The hard part is over

8. Member
    I feel like this guy when I punch down on the sweet G2 hotfoot!

9. Member
    Lmao