7 pin connector on Marine Master Trailer

am I the first to have the 7 pin curled connector cover to dry-rot? My covering is broken in at least 10 places. Looks like it might be a 7 pin to some type of screw in connector to internal trailer wiring

anyone face this issue?
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    so I must be the first with this issue. I found what I think is replacement part on eTrailer. Will post in sticky section on trailers the part number if it is exact replacement. it is a 7 pin to 5pin 94 inch cable as best I can tell. Will find out on Saturday when I install mine
    2024 Phoenix 818

3. Member
    You may be the first, but you’re not the last! I need to change out mine as well. I’m surprised mine has cracked as fast as it did. I’ll check for the sticky now. Thanks
    2015 Phoenix 819

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    mine rotted and started blowing the backup fuse in my truck

I replaced with this,https://www.amazon.com/Reese-787195-...s%2C157&sr=8-3

its a lot tighter, maybe shorter but it will stretch on out, may not work for extra long hitch
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    The one you got Drew is a bit cheaper as well. Mine looks like exact replica of what is on the boat now but I won't know for sure until I receive it and try it. If someone likes Yellow I'd go for it. Clearly the original on my boat dry rotted in at least 10 places in 5 years. My boat does sit under a Florida Carport Nov to May.
    2024 Phoenix 818

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not the only one....mine dry rotted also; boat sits in a enclosed shop unless being used.....it was either last year or year before last when i replaced it......kept the old as a spare incase i need it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I installed mine tonight. the part from eTrailers is exact to the original. It was very tightly coiled and nothing like the dry rot I removed. In fact, I have made a note to replace mine in 4 years. part from eTrailer if you want black and a new plastic holder is A57CCB

The only thing that took any time was the wire holder on the trailer. I tried flat had screw driver and it was a no go. A small 3/8inch socket wrench did the job.

what I realize is not only did cover stretch, dry rot, plastic holder no longer worked BUT leads were corroded too. So 4 years the right time. Mine was 5.5 and well past prime
    2024 Phoenix 818

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I installed mine tonight. the part from eTrailers is exact to the original. It was very tightly coiled and nothing like the dry rot I removed. In fact, I have made a note to replace mine in 4 years. part from eTrailer if you want black and a new plastic holder is A57CCB

The only thing that took any time was the wire holder on the trailer. I tried flat had screw driver and it was a no go. A small 3/8inch socket wrench did the job.

what I realize is not only did cover stretch, dry rot, plastic holder no longer worked BUT leads were corroded too. So 4 years the right time. Mine was 5.5 and well past prime
    Lets add this info to our trailer sticky
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    done
    2024 Phoenix 818

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I replaced mine last year on a 2016 921xp. Just had a dealer do it. Most dealers can get you one, but the coils are smaller, so it looks shorter. It still stretches enough to reach the plug on my Tundra, which is ABOVE the bumper. Plus with my Rock Tamers on, when you make sharp turns it has to stretch more too.
    Marine Master would prolly sell them on 2nd thought. Try calling them.